Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Rob: Travel authorization

User Info Menu

Rob: Travel authorization

My wife and I were approved for travel beginning July 12 for 8 days coming home on the 19th but the authorization expires on the 16th. Is this a problem? Did I apply too early?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Rob: Travel authorization

Quote Originally Posted by Rob in Kansas View Post
    My wife and I were approved for travel beginning July 12 for 8 days coming home on the 19th but the authorization expires on the 16th. Is this a problem? Did I apply too early?
    Rob,

Were your tests taken (not the results back) within 10 days of July 12th? In other words, did you take the test on or after July 2?
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Would Rob in Kansas need a pre test? Kansas is not listed as a hot spot.

User Info Menu

There was no test. This is just the form approving us for travel. We aren’t required to pretest.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Rob,

Jamaicajeanne realized I am confused. I had no idea the travel authorization expires. The test was the only thing that I figured had a expiring time limit on it.

It does seem you registered too early, try registering again. I am surprised it didn't catch it, today would be the first day you could apply - here are the guidelines on the VisitJamaica website:

When can I apply for it? Three days before arrival, you can apply. The Jamaican health regulations require that the Travel Authorization is issued a maximum of 72 hours before arrival in Jamaica. A response will be generated within 10 minutes of submission of the application.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob in Negril,
    Thank you for always keeping us updated.....your head must be spinning!!!!

User Info Menu

Thanks