Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: No in and out?

User Info Menu

No in and out?

Are tourists allowed to leave their hotels to go to restaurants, etc within the "Corridor"? I've heard conflicting statements from the MPs and see conflicting copywriting on visitjamaica.com. I'm planning to visit end of August and I don't mind staying put at Tensing Pen but I might make it a shorter trip if there's no in and out privileges.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: No in and out?

The Prime Minister has been calling it a "Stay in Zone order", which currently limits you to the COVID-19 Resilient Corridor.

I saw tourists at Margaritaville the day they opened, so visitors are out and about.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob - that makes sense.

Administrator

User Info Menu

With Yellowbird open and certified, with no restaurant, you would be be forced to leave the property to eat....

Just remember to Stay in Zone!

User Info Menu

> Just remember to Stay in Zone!

No problem! Give thanks that the Zone extends past St Elizabeth now.

User Info Menu

I don't understand why people are reporting that they have to sign a document at the airport stating they will not leave the resort.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    I don't understand why people are reporting that they have to sign a document at the airport stating they will not leave the resort.
    As I mentioned, Yellowbird as well as guest houses that are now open do not have restaurants on the property. The government knows that you have to eat.

In no way am I endorsing going against what you signed. It is a legally binding contract.

There are fines and penalties for breaking that contract, I do know of a tourist who was deported for not following his orders.

I am in contact with the Health and Tourism Ministries for clarification.