Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arrived 7/16 - Smooth Experience

User Info Menu

Re: Arrived 7/16 - Smooth Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriello View Post
    Please consider that not only hotels are open but also businesses that offer excursions are open.. both approved by JTB.. so how can excursion companies be approved to open (with Covid restrictions), while at the same time ALL visitors are supposed to stay on their hotel property???? Common sense people... The same JTB that certified the hotels, certified the excursion companies… SMH

I have a residence in Georgia an was leaving out of ATL, where the the Mayor requires masks in public places, and at the same time the Governor was suing her... clearly heading in a direction of being added to the high risk list, I went ahead and took pre-test while not required as an insurance policy against stupid leadership of the state...

So had I not been considerate of the conditions and the risk... I would not have ever taken the test.... but as my post said.. my family is from the island and I am not here as a mere tourist, but my knowledge of how the island works I :

1 - Took the precautions of taking a test while not required
    2 - Answered the question as if any other person who would NOT been required to take the test would have answered, since I could not respond with a test result...

I am proud of having knowledge of how the island works and knowing and understanding how "the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing".

As for ordering meals... hahahaha.. no I prepare my meals in my apartment. If the Prime Minister and the Jamaica Tourism Board are not on the same page with regulations and restrictions, do you think that the unregulated "Jamaica Uber" could ensure produce and/or meals are delivered with sanitary protocols being adhered to? Gimme a break...

If you have any doubts in vacationing in Jamaica because of someone who has experience in traveling here shared some common sense... Then stay your ass at home...
    Oh your such a sweat heart. I bet Georgia really misses you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    Oh your such a sweat heart. I bet Georgia really misses you.
    Not as much as Jamaica misses me... that's why I'm HERE!!!

User Info Menu

Your American arrogance is pouring out. You fly from a high risk area (as far as I understand Atlanta and Georgia in general is the epicenter of the virus in the south USA) and then lie on an official government document. It doesn’t matter if one hand doesn’t know what the other hand is doing or common sense tells you to go through the path with the lease resistance... the fact of the matter is your American arrogance is putting others at risk and may result in the government having to shut the country down again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    Your American arrogance is pouring out. You fly from a high risk area (as far as I understand Atlanta and Georgia in general is the epicenter of the virus in the south USA) and then lie on an official government document. It doesn’t matter if one hand doesn’t know what the other hand is doing or common sense tells you to go through the path with the lease resistance... the fact of the matter is your American arrogance is putting others at risk and may result in the government having to shut the country down again.
    I agree. Perhaps someone from jTB should have a word with this person.

User Info Menu

"Your American arrogance is pouring out" implies all Americans are arrogant, I beg to differ. Arrogance and ignorance are found everywhere, including Manitoba.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    "Your American arrogance is pouring out" implies all Americans are arrogant, I beg to differ. Arrogance and ignorance are found everywhere, including Manitoba.
    That is very true. Lying on an official government form to be self serving happens all the time. It's human nature. Posting on social media, laughing and LOL'ing about it, blaming others for what they do, and then downplaying it as the government doesn't know what they are doing, is arrogant. Questioning Rob, who has done more for the promotion of Negril than any other person ever, because, what was it, Rob wasn't promoting the wearing of masks. That is inexcusable and arrogant.
    I didn't mean to say all Americans were arrogant, just the poster here.
    Oh ya BTW, Manitoba has 374 cases, 318 recovered and 7 deaths. Georgia has 139,000 cases, unknown number recovered, and 3,264 deaths. There might have been just a wee bit of arrogant's seeping from your post phineasfreakears

User Info Menu

People can come from covid hot spots and still be relatively safe depending on their behavior. It's pretty clear how to avoid getting infected if you don't have a risky job. Those of us who haven't been infected yet are probably doing something right.

Administrator

User Info Menu

First of all, when did I not promote masks? I have been wearing them since April and expect others to protect themselves as well as others.

And being born American, chill out my fellow country men and women. One of our literary greatest gifts to humanity, Mark Twain wrote about the concept of the "ugly American' about 150 years ago in "The Innocents Abroad ". Don't take offense, it is part of who we are, and apparently have been for at least 150 years.

And for those not American, we already know this so we don't need to be reminded. You are wasting your time anyway.

Lying to government officials is a perfectly excellent topic of what not do, but I have seen visitors from all corners of the world do the same thing. I even ran into a group not from America passing counterfeit US$20. There are all kinds of people breaking the laws here.

If you leave your resort BUT follow all the sanitizing, social distancing and masking rules, you may be breaking the law but others are doing worse than that today. If you're not following the sanitizing, social distancing and masking rules, then you may be responsible for someone's illness and/or death. For that there is no excuse.

At this time, I cannot say for certain what the actual law is about the Corridor. There is contradictory information which all seem official, so as I suggested the other day, the best I can say is to stay on your property. I am still trying to seek the actual rule.

During this pandemic we should all be on the same side, obey the common sense rules. This is a real virus with real deaths. Sanitizing, social distancing and wearing a mask is how we are going to prevent this thing from spreading. Treatments and vaccines are a ways off, so until then we simply follow the obvious preventative measures.

And WE ARE ALL in this together.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Most of what the original poster has said here is counter productive.
    It might be time to hit the off switch.
    Thanks Rob for all your help.
    Be safe everyone.