Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrived 7/16 - Smooth Experience

User Info Menu

Re: Arrived 7/16 - Smooth Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    Gabriello, did you get the idea that if you did not pretest, you would be considered high risk? Also, flu vaccine? Hmmm...wonder why?
    Although I did pretest, but did not get my results until after I got on the island (10+ days since I tested), I replied that I did NOT test since I didn't have results in the instance they asked for them...

The flu question is probably for statistical purposes...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    How can Sandals not allow guests to leave? Isn’t that kidnapping, lol?
    It is... I have an employee staying in Sandals MoBay and she and her party cannot leave the property until they check out... Do believe that the corporate resorts have way more influence on the island than most would believe. Imagine if one of the big resorts had an outbreak...they are going above and beyond...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    I find it interesting how comfortable you are with blatantly lying and seeming to be proud of it, or maybe just find it amusing. If you start to show symptoms, will you contact the health department, or was that also a lie? And I would expect that no matter where you are staying, you could order meals to be delivered if you cared to, rather than just declare that the rules you agreed to follow are unrealistic.

Reading this thread and the attitudes you express makes me think I need to be much more cautious about travel.
    I agree, it's this type of arrogant attitude that will get the whole island shut down again.
    Perhaps someone should pass this thread on the the health authorities.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    I agree, it's this type of arrogant attitude that will get the whole island shut down again.
    Perhaps someone should pass this thread on the the health authorities.
    Don't worry, they already know about the thread. The JTB has been checking out our site for decades.

I was talking with some higher ups at the JTB last night - will write more shortly.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

It's too bad that there are some people who think that the rules and guidelines do not apply to them. They just affect things negatively for everyone else. Jamaica is handling this pandemic well, and it is because of these rules and guidelines that the death toll has remained at 10. Let's all follow the guidelines and adhere to the rules so that Jamaica can also recover from the economic impact of this virus and everyone, visitors and residents alike, can be as safe as possible. WM

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weathermon & Mi Lady View Post
    It's too bad that there are some people who think that the rules and guidelines do not apply to them. They just affect things negatively for everyone else. Jamaica is handling this pandemic well, and it is because of these rules and guidelines that the death toll has remained at 10. Let's all follow the guidelines and adhere to the rules so that Jamaica can also recover from the economic impact of this virus and everyone, visitors and residents alike, can be as safe as possible. WM
    Not only do they think the rules don't apply to them, they go ahead and post it on the message board including where they are staying.
    "you just can't fix stupid"

User Info Menu

Our experience on Saturday the 18th was a little confusing. All went well until the very last checkpoint in front of baggage claim. This is where they ask you where you are staying for the last time and if you are in a hotel they tell you to go right and collect your bags and if you are staying in a private villa or residence or you are a Jamaican returning you go left to some tables to receive further information. Even though Rondel Village comes right up as a recognized hotel when you type it in on the travel authorization website, the person who asked us didn’t recognize it as such and sent us to the wrong line where we were given a 14 day checklist to record our temperature and a list of symptoms twice daily and we were instructed to download the JamCovid19 app. We were also instructed not to leave the residence. During this whole process we kept telling them we were not supposed to be in this line and that we were staying in a recognized resort, but no one would listen. The whole process took us about 20-25 minutes. Finally at the last table an MP asked us for our names, contact numbers and where we were staying. When Melo told him that we were staying at Rondel Village “right in the middle of 7 mile beach in Negril” the MP replied, “you shouldn’t be here!” We were like, we know, we read Negril.com...he then instructed us to stay in the corridor and that we could delete the app. So be careful when naming your hotel if it’s not Sandals or Beaches or any other large all-inclusive resort. Without this hiccup we would have been out of the airport in under an hour. We did use Club MoBay and they saved us a little time in the line and they filled our large insulated tumblers with rum punch before we left the lounge.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    I find it interesting how comfortable you are with blatantly lying and seeming to be proud of it, or maybe just find it amusing. If you start to show symptoms, will you contact the health department, or was that also a lie? And I would expect that no matter where you are staying, you could order meals to be delivered if you cared to, rather than just declare that the rules you agreed to follow are unrealistic.

Reading this thread and the attitudes you express makes me think I need to be much more cautious about travel.
    Please consider that not only hotels are open but also businesses that offer excursions are open.. both approved by JTB.. so how can excursion companies be approved to open (with Covid restrictions), while at the same time ALL visitors are supposed to stay on their hotel property???? Common sense people... The same JTB that certified the hotels, certified the excursion companies… SMH

I have a residence in Georgia an was leaving out of ATL, where the the Mayor requires masks in public places, and at the same time the Governor was suing her... clearly heading in a direction of being added to the high risk list, I went ahead and took pre-test while not required as an insurance policy against stupid leadership of the state...

So had I not been considerate of the conditions and the risk... I would not have ever taken the test.... but as my post said.. my family is from the island and I am not here as a mere tourist, but my knowledge of how the island works I :

1 - Took the precautions of taking a test while not required
    2 - Answered the question as if any other person who would NOT been required to take the test would have answered, since I could not respond with a test result...

I am proud of having knowledge of how the island works and knowing and understanding how "the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing".

As for ordering meals... hahahaha.. no I prepare my meals in my apartment. If the Prime Minister and the Jamaica Tourism Board are not on the same page with regulations and restrictions, do you think that the unregulated "Jamaica Uber" could ensure produce and/or meals are delivered with sanitary protocols being adhered to? Gimme a break...

If you have any doubts in vacationing in Jamaica because of someone who has experience in traveling here shared some common sense... Then stay your ass at home...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Don't worry, they already know about the thread. The JTB has been checking out our site for decades.

I was talking with some higher ups at the JTB last night - will write more shortly.

Rob - With all due respect... Masks have been required since the country re-opened.. yet I do not see you reporting these in your posts as "Tourists" for not being within protocol...

https://negril.com/forum/showthread....ht=white+sands

Did JTB come and get them??? Did you assist in capturing the violators?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Monty&Melo View Post
    Our experience on Saturday the 18th was a little confusing. All went well until the very last checkpoint in front of baggage claim. This is where they ask you where you are staying for the last time and if you are in a hotel they tell you to go right and collect your bags and if you are staying in a private villa or residence or you are a Jamaican returning you go left to some tables to receive further information. Even though Rondel Village comes right up as a recognized hotel when you type it in on the travel authorization website, the person who asked us didn’t recognize it as such and sent us to the wrong line where we were given a 14 day checklist to record our temperature and a list of symptoms twice daily and we were instructed to download the JamCovid19 app. We were also instructed not to leave the residence. During this whole process we kept telling them we were not supposed to be in this line and that we were staying in a recognized resort, but no one would listen. The whole process took us about 20-25 minutes. Finally at the last table an MP asked us for our names, contact numbers and where we were staying. When Melo told him that we were staying at Rondel Village “right in the middle of 7 mile beach in Negril” the MP replied, “you shouldn’t be here!” We were like, we know, we read Negril.com...he then instructed us to stay in the corridor and that we could delete the app. So be careful when naming your hotel if it’s not Sandals or Beaches or any other large all-inclusive resort. Without this hiccup we would have been out of the airport in under an hour. We did use Club MoBay and they saved us a little time in the line and they filled our large insulated tumblers with rum punch before we left the lounge.
    This further proves my point that "The Right hand does not know what the Left hand is doing"... If you are familiar with the island or travelling throughout the Caribbean, then common sense tells you to go through the path with the lease resistance...