Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current JTB Press Release and some confusion

User Info Menu

Re: Current JTB Press Release and some confusion

Has this been clarified any further in regard to stay in zone vs stay on resort?
    https://www.jtbonline.org/wp-content...e-Visitors.pdf

User Info Menu

So Rob, I'm even more confused now and it appears to be just the wording in the document. This is what it says; – must adhere to the Stay in Zone order, which
    requires persons to remain at their hotel or resort within the Resilient Corridor for the duration of
    their stay.

If I am a low risk and staying at a certified hotel, can I move about the resilient corridor or not? The way the JTB document reads is that you have to stay at your hotel. I believe the document should read ...remain at their hotel or resort or within the resilient corridor. The way the document is worded right now, why have a resilient corridor if everyone has to stay in their hotel or resort.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    Has this been clarified any further in regard to stay in zone vs stay on resort?
    https://www.jtbonline.org/wp-content...e-Visitors.pdf
    No, and we we had a meeting of the Chamber yesterday with a representative of TDPCo and things actually became less clear. The rep from TDPCo was claiming that ALL tourists needed to quarantine for two weeks. That was met by confused disbelief. Someone has something obviously wrong.

It is was pointed out that TPDCo was certifying places that have no dining capabilities, they are certifying tour operators, restaurants and bars and we received no real answer to the logical discrepancies. They said that they would look into it and get back to us.

Possibly the rep from TDPCo read the following. The last thing directly from Minister of Health about this was posted last Thursday:

"Returning Residents and Visitors* to Jamaica MUST remain in quarantine at home for minimum of 14 days. Residents and visitors are NOT permitted to leave home to attend to business, funerals or weddings before the end of the 14 days.If the Quarantine Order is violated , you can be taken into State quarantine and/or be charged. Protect yourself…while protecting others. Stop the spread of COVID-19.

* This does not apply to business tourists or tourists staying on the resilient corridors."

And it does not make any mention of tourists staying on property in the resilient corridors, just those ON the resilient corridor....

The hoteliers as a whole said that they are not going to act as the police, and if a guest strolls 200 yards down the beach, are they breaking the law?

Clear as mud....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Truly confusing stories. A guest who had a split stay between 2 hotels in the corridor was told they would be denied entrance (at immigration) if they left their first resort. They had to call Couples and have their stay changed to one resort.

User Info Menu

Please correct me if I'm wrong or missing something. Tourists are advised to go to the visitjamaica.com site for info and travel authorization? But if you read under the section for vacationers staying in hotels,villas, or guesthouses , then while you are there, it's number 1 description that's throwing everyone off in it's wording ? But underneath this the section of Explanation of terms, it clearly defines both Resilient Corridor as well as Stay in Zone , both clearly express a similar directive and that's visitors , persons are to stay or remain within the Resilient Corridor. That's it. And also under this same section it clearly explains Quarantine classified persons must stay on property , it doesn't say anything about "low risk" persons staying on property. By my reading if you are deemed to pass thru as low risk it pretty much says as long as your following sanitation , social distancing , and mask wearing protocols you are good to go thru out the corridor?

User Info Menu

This is what is confusing..

If on arrival you are assessed as low risk, you are able to move freely within the hotel/resort while observing all sanitization, social distancing and mask wearing protocols as dictated by the Stay In Zone order.
    If on arrival you are assessed as high risk and was tested, you will be placed in quarantine at the hotel for up to 48 hours while awaiting the test result.
    What if the result is positive? If the result of your test is positive, you will be placed in isolation either at the hotel/resort or in a government facility as determined by the health authorities.
    What if the result is negative? If the result of your test is Negative, you will be required to stay on property within the Resilient Corridor observing all sanitization, social distancing and mask wearing protocols
    Plus this grphic:Name:  6ECA65AA-DA83-4D8C-A449-E56F80884841.png
Views: 593
Size:  1.51 MB

User Info Menu

And....guests are being told not to leave their hotels and asked to sign an electronic document attesting they will remain on resort.

User Info Menu

Not trying to be hard headed and definitely not trying to be one of those pesky "arrogant" Americans , but I'm pretty clear on how I read it and have seen plenty of pic's & videos of tourist moving about in Negril that are recent.

User Info Menu

I understand your interpretation. But.....tourists are being told not to leave their resorts and asked to sign an agreement not to do so at the airport. This is the confusion....

User Info Menu

Somewhat of an update on the guest who was told they could not split their stay between 2 resorts. Hotel management called PM’s office and was told it is stay in zone, not on resort. SMH.