Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Quarantine ?

User Info Menu

Quarantine ?

Suppose to travel to negril the first week of october, after returning home to the u s do we have to be in quarantine even though we are not sick ?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Quarantine ?

Quote Originally Posted by waynef View Post
    Suppose to travel to negril the first week of october, after returning home to the u s do we have to be in quarantine even though we are not sick ?
    Check with the rules of your State. There is no US Government imposed quarantine from Jamaica.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

All US citizens are advised to quarantine for 14 days after traveling internationally. Most states and employers mandate it.

User Info Menu

I could not find any US proclamation regarding what to do after international travel, except from certain countries, of which Jamaica is not one.

Here is what is on the CDC webpage for International Travelers:

"Stay home for 14 days from the time you returned home from international travel.
    During this 14-day period, take these steps to monitor your health and practice social distancing:

Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever. Also watch for cough or trouble breathing. Use this temperature log to monitor your temperature.

Stay home and avoid contact with others. Do not go to work or school.
    Do not take public transportation, taxis, or ride-shares.
    Keep your distance from others (about 6 feet or 2 meters)."

User Info Menu

Wow Barb 111 you might want to check the date of your info? My employer told me to be safe and have fun , see you when you get back.

User Info Menu

Name:  DEF4CDE0-8EA3-4E01-982C-CA6188C5ADA9.png
Views: 923
Size:  1.16 MBHere is my current state info. Many states have the same restrictions which are the same as the CDC’s advisory to quarantine after international travel.

User Info Menu

Yes Barb is right, two week quarantine after international travel..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cleome View Post
    Yes Barb is right, two week quarantine after international travel..
    Ironic, considering we're pretty much the worst country in the world regarding COVID-19 right now.

User Info Menu

Thanks, Cleome!
    Eidu, you are sadly correct. My son and his wife live outside of Prague. We are not welcomed there and they cannot come here. 15 months since we saw each other.