Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AI, which on why do you prefer?

User Info Menu

Re: AI, which on why do you prefer?

We usually stay at Rhodes, but it's went down hill. We stayed at Seashore Bay the last week they was in operation. That place was cool. I don't need the AI treatment. I just want t o go with the flow type person. But again, Vote was 3 to 1. So I raised my other arm, they said that did'nt count. Damn! lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Vince my suggestion would be don’t go to CSA because your wife would never agree to stay anywhere else ever again . Do a Rio or a mega mart AI , maybe try grand pineapple. CSA is owned by a Jamaican family and they live in Negril .

User Info Menu

It always makes me laugh when someone asks for recommendations for an AI and a bunch of people give their opinion that admit they have never been to an AI before. These answers don't help the original poster.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

"Set up a full bar" in the CSA context means that each room includes bottles of liquor and a fridge with water, beer and mixers. It's been a while, but I think it was rum, gin, vodka and whiskey. There might have been house wine too. You fill out a request list to stock or replenish what you want. None of it is top shelf. For that, you'll need to visit one of the bars.
    Johio

User Info Menu

Well I've stayed at the Rui and Grand Pineapple in the past. You've made no mention of budget. If the sky's the limit, then a Sandals or Couples swept away are probably your best bet (Couples is at least closer to venues like the Yard Beach house and Tree House). If there are budget concerns then the Rui tropical (don't do the Rui club cause it's beach isn't that good with a muddy feel to it and there aren't any 'adult only' zones) is your best bang for your buck (it has the multiple restaurants, bars and pools) if you don't mind having to take a cab to show Jamaica off to your friends. The Grand Pineapple is right next door to Alfreds (and close to other venues like Roots) but only has one bar and one restaurant (but you get more of the boutique hotel vibe there).
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 07-29-2020 at 07:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Sunset at the Palms, Outstanding Property and very chill

User Info Menu

IMO, I'd lean towards Grand Pineapple. Cause i can venture off wile they stay in the walls. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

When I was single I stayed at Grand Pineapple with my two sons. It was perfect for us! My wife and I have been looking at CSA. It looks like a very nice AI that we hope to try soon.

User Info Menu

We like Grand Pineapple because the cottages are really cute with a nice patio or balcony space. The buffet gets tiresome but then the price is right enough that you can go eat other places if you want without breaking the bank. Plus it's a really nice piece of beach.

User Info Menu

When we first started coming to Negril we did the non al then we had friends wanted to go to the al swept away nice but not what I wanted so last trip in feb, I talk the group into coco and they love it, long story short not gong back to the al!!