Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Less Confusion?

User Info Menu

Re: Less Confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The beach is Negril's main attraction. It is always ranked in the top beaches of the world.

As an educated guess, since some certified properties do not have dining facilities is that restaurants would be considered "attractions". After all, Rick's Cafe is an attraction and serves food as does Margaritaville and the Hard Rock Cafe in Montego Bay - all officially considered attractions.

3 Dives has been featured on TV shows and magazines and is considered an "attraction" locally at least. As long as the establishment has been certified by TPDCo as Covid Resilient, an argument can be made for it to be legal to visit.

The PM's comments make it clear that the "stay on property" rule is not an absolute. It has exceptions, and unfortunately he left the answer vague enough to allow for justifiable confusion as to what defines an attraction. If there is something there that "attracts" you to want to go, does that make it an "attraction"?

No matter what you do personally, follow all sanitizing, masking and distancing protocols. As much as we as humans want to greet each other with a hug, now is not the time...

And do wear your masks!!! It's not that hot, it's the law and simply a great, simple idea...
    So Rob,

Are small restaurants, like Best of the West or Vinnies open (I assume, under your logic, they're considered 'attractions')?

Also, do you have to wear your mask when you're outside walking around on the Beach or Norman Manley Blvd sidewalk?? In NY, the mask isn't required unless within a business or restaurant (and you can take it off once seated) or a very congested area (which is rare outside, since all the summer activities, like festivals, concerts...etc, are shutdown in Buffalo). I am purchasing and trying different types of masks from amazon now to see what will be most comfy this winter.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    My mistake, the party is at the Westender, not Somewhere West...
    Deanna.. exactly, i mean, if the rules are not clear, they cannot rightly punish anyone, and yes, you should know what you can and can't do before you book...
    Jojo,

Westender needs to get their permits to have the event. The onus is on them. They should be following the rules. And the rules on holding events are crystal clear.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    So Rob,

Are small restaurants, like Best of the West or Vinnies open (I assume, under your logic, they're considered 'attractions')?

Also, do you have to wear your mask when you're outside walking around on the Beach or Norman Manley Blvd sidewalk?? In NY, the mask isn't required unless within a business or restaurant (and you can take it off once seated) or a very congested area (which is rare outside, since all the summer activities, like festivals, concerts...etc, are shutdown in Buffalo). I am purchasing and trying different types of masks from amazon now to see what will be most comfy this winter.
    A post I made just before your's may have cleared that up. The PM stated "Similarly, measures for places of amusement, beaches, rivers, river rafting, restaurants and cinemas, have also been extended to September 30. The extension of measures to this period, also applies to zoos, parks, and water parks."

These sound like they are all attractions. Places of amusement are bars just for further clarification.

You need to wear a mask in all public places. If you walking the beach alone, with no one around for miles, a mask would seem a bit unnecessary. But when walking the street or downtown, when anyone can come out of a store, property, etc in seconds, a mask is required. The law is a mask in all public places, except when drinking or eating of course.

I catch myself wearing mine in my car every now and then, which is pointless. But it has become a quick and easy habit, Like buckling a seat belt.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    A post I made just before your's may have cleared that up. The PM stated "Similarly, measures for places of amusement, beaches, rivers, river rafting, restaurants and cinemas, have also been extended to September 30. The extension of measures to this period, also applies to zoos, parks, and water parks."

These sound like they are all attractions. Places of amusement are bars just for further clarification.

You need to wear a mask in all public places. If you walking the beach alone, with no one around for miles, a mask would seem a bit unnecessary. But when walking the street or downtown, when anyone can come out of a store, property, etc in seconds, a mask is required. The law is a mask in all public places, except when drinking or eating of course.

I catch myself wearing mine in my car every now and then, which is pointless. But it has become a quick and easy habit, Like buckling a seat belt.
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. But from what I've read, it seems like there's not much of a mention of the music scene (places that entertain a few nights a week like roots, alfreds, seastar...etc)?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. But from what I've read, it seems like there's not much of a mention of the music scene (places that entertain a few nights a week like roots, alfreds, seastar...etc)?
    As far as I know, none of these have permits approved under the new guidelines... we are crawling before we run...

Expecting to hear something soon.

User Info Menu

Hhhmm, so whatever I consider an attraction I can visit... Of course, playing it safe by masking and/or social distancing. Thanks PM of Jamaica and happy Emancipation Day! Now just the dreadlocks at school issue remaining to be figured out. :-)