Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Less Confusion?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Less Confusion?

From the PM:

“If tested negative, then the stay-in-zone Order applies, whereby tourists are required to [remain] on the property for the duration of their stay. The tourist will be allowed to visit attractions within the resilient corridor,” the Prime Minister explained.

https://jis.gov.jm/controlled-re-ent...maica-well-pm/

So, it seems that you must remain on the property, unless you are visiting attractions within the Corridor.

And of course following all the safety protocols.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Less Confusion?

I'm thinking the beach must be an attraction. I know it is for us.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    From the PM:

“If tested negative, then the stay-in-zone Order applies, whereby tourists are required to [remain] on the property for the duration of their stay. The tourist will be allowed to visit attractions within the resilient corridor,” the Prime Minister explained.

https://jis.gov.jm/controlled-re-ent...maica-well-pm/

So, it seems that you must remain on the property, unless you are visiting attractions within the Corridor.

And of course following all the safety protocols.
    Hmmmm..... well the beach is an attraction.. what about dining?
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...S507wapt&ifg=1............

Talk about confusion. this is an advertisement for a '' party '', at Somewhere west later today ( tonigh t )...how is this allowed ?? Is social distancing not a thing now ? This will surely mix tourists and locals... I do not get it ?? And as Deanna asked, does a destination include going to dinner on the cliffs , visiting Ricks etc ??? Geeess ! The link doesnt work it seem, but what it is is a huge poster advertising said party , for tonight, at Somewhere west, with dj, music, drink, food.....etc.... i dont get it !
    Last edited by jojo p; 07-31-2020 at 09:18 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post

Talk about confusion. this is an advertisement for a '' party '', at Somewhere west later today ( tonigh t )...how is this allowed ?? Is social distancing not a thing now ? This will surely mix tourists and locals... I do not get it ?? And as Deanna asked, does a destination include going to dinner on the cliffs , visiting Ricks etc ??? Geeess ! The link doesnt work it seem, but what it is is a huge poster advertising said party , for tonight, at Somewhere west, with dj, music, drink, food.....etc.... i dont get it !
    I agree with you! I’m trying to plan my trip but now I’m super confused... if I must stay on one property and not allowed to go anywhere to eat or the Cliffs and what not... just doesn’t make sense

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deanna View Post
    Hmmmm..... well the beach is an attraction.. what about dining?
    The beach is Negril's main attraction. It is always ranked in the top beaches of the world.

As an educated guess, since some certified properties do not have dining facilities is that restaurants would be considered "attractions". After all, Rick's Cafe is an attraction and serves food as does Margaritaville and the Hard Rock Cafe in Montego Bay - all officially considered attractions.

3 Dives has been featured on TV shows and magazines and is considered an "attraction" locally at least. As long as the establishment has been certified by TPDCo as Covid Resilient, an argument can be made for it to be legal to visit.

The PM's comments make it clear that the "stay on property" rule is not an absolute. It has exceptions, and unfortunately he left the answer vague enough to allow for justifiable confusion as to what defines an attraction. If there is something there that "attracts" you to want to go, does that make it an "attraction"?

No matter what you do personally, follow all sanitizing, masking and distancing protocols. As much as we as humans want to greet each other with a hug, now is not the time...

And do wear your masks!!! It's not that hot, it's the law and simply a great, simple idea...

User Info Menu

My mistake, the party is at the Westender, not Somewhere West...
    Deanna.. exactly, i mean, if the rules are not clear, they cannot rightly punish anyone, and yes, you should know what you can and can't do before you book...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The beach is Negril's main attraction. It is always ranked in the top beaches of the world.

As an educated guess, since some certified properties do not have dining facilities is that restaurants would be considered "attractions". After all, Rick's Cafe is an attraction and serves food as does Margaritaville and the Hard Rock Cafe in Montego Bay - all officially considered attractions.

3 Dives has been featured on TV shows and magazines and is considered an "attraction" locally at least. As long as the establishment has been certified by TPDCo as Covid Resilient, an argument can be made for it to be legal to visit.

The PM's comments make it clear that the "stay on property" rule is not an absolute. It has exceptions, and unfortunately he left the answer vague enough to allow for justifiable confusion as to what defines an attraction. If there is something there that "attracts" you to want to go, does that make it an "attraction"?

No matter what you do personally, follow all sanitizing, masking and distancing protocols. As much as we as humans want to greet each other with a hug, now is not the time...

And do wear your masks!!! It's not that hot, it's the law and simply a great, simple idea...
    Thank you for the clarification

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post

Let's hope they got their permits and follow the protocols. McKenzie ain't joking around....

From the Observer:

"The minister noted that just one week prior, at another digital town hall, the entertainment sector publicly pledged to honour the protocols set by the Government to contain the spread of COVID-19.

He said that while the ministry's team of protocol wardens have noted compliance, those in breach could force the Government's hand.

“I want to make it clear, we will not be afraid to drop the hammer if the need arises. Jamaica, this fight against COVID-19 belongs to all of us. We are asking you to work with us. Don't force the Government in a position where we have to take any decision that would hurt the industry,” the minister warned event organisers and promoters.
    "

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...essary_permits

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deanna View Post
    Thank you for the clarification
    Maybe a little more clarification from the PM:

"Meanwhile, the Prime Minister informed that the COVID-19 safety measures that are in place for the creative and entertainment sector and would have ended July 31 have been extended to September 30.

Similarly, measures for places of amusement, beaches, rivers, river rafting, restaurants and cinemas, have also been extended to September 30. The extension of measures to this period, also applies to zoos, parks, and water parks.
    "

https://www.caribbeannationalweekly....stablishments/