Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rules for visiting family outside of resilient corridor

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Rules for visiting family outside of resilient corridor

Quote Originally Posted by shetrytea View Post
    What exactly is the corridor? I'm coming in September and booked a hotel on beach road not all inclusive. So what does that mean exactly? How far can I go from my hotel..its near bourbon..lol.
    For brevity, I only included the description from Negril to the airport.

The Resilient Corridors

For the protection of locals and visitors alike, the Resilient Corridors were created to encourage safe tourism practices through the strict delivery of service that conform to a rigorous set of COVID-19 protocols and approved by the The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). Within the resilient corridor, the tourism service delivery operators permitted to accept guests have been inspected and are compliant with the required standards of training, protective equipment and processes. All employees and patrons of these facilities are required to observe the established protocols of hand hygiene, social/physical distancing and wearing of masks in public spaces.

The Resilient Corridors comprise two (2) parts:

Part 1: A Northern segment stretching from Negril in Westmoreland across the northern coastline to Port Antonio in Portland.
    Part 2: A South Coast segment running from Milk River in Clarendon westward to Negril in Westmoreland

Part 1 Description:

This part of the area spans approximately 294 Km and runs from the Western most point of the island starting on the road in front the Negril Light House at West End Road, running along the main coastal road in a Northerly direction to the Negril-Round-About.

From the Negril Round About along Norman Manley Boulevard which includes both seaward side and landward side and continues north towards the North Negril River Bridge/North Negril River Crossing.

From the North Negril River Crossing running East along the main road (A1/North Coast Highway) through Lucea, to Montego Bay to Alice Eldemire Drive North to the intersection of Alice Eldemire Drive and Howard Cook Boulevard then East along Howard Cook Boulevard to the intersection with The Queens Drive on to the A1 Road ( North coast Highway).

For the full description, click the following JTB link:

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travela...ent-corridors/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    I sent an email. It’s probably going to cost a lot but I’ll see what they come back with. We also own land there that’s in the process of being surveyed and my husband needs to meet with some people. But doesn’t seem like that’s possible. Rob this whole thing is so upsetting
    Your husband can probably meet with them at Country Country. Follow all Covid protocols.

User Info Menu

So Red Dragon is outside the corridor?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    During the June 11th press conference, it was made clear that all of Negril is in the Corridor. There are certified properties in Negril that are technically outside the definition of the Corridor and you are allowed to stay there.

Note the wording, "The boundary only takes into consideration the main road to the sea shore." There are properties on the non-sea side of the road that are certified. The Corridor is guided by the boundary, but it extends to encompass the certified businesses around the boundaries.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    Ragabones is indeed between the main road and the sea!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

So basically anywhere in negril is allowed?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shetrytea View Post
    So basically anywhere in negril is allowed?
    Yes. As long as it is certified.

User Info Menu

So Rob sadly my husband is going to stay home with my 3 year old and I’m going to Negril solo with my 5 year old. I’m purchasing a day pass for my sister in law to spend time with me at Country Country. And I’m also staying part of the time at Westender assuming that’s allowed. I feel sad leaving them behind but I desperately need a vacation. Dreading hearing from my family how fluffy I’ve become lol