Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rules for visiting family outside of resilient corridor

User Info Menu

Rules for visiting family outside of resilient corridor

We’re planning a trip to Negril on September 20th. My husband is a Jamaican National/citizen with US green card. We were planning on staying in a resort in Negril (Country Country) with our two young daughters but wanted to visit family in Orange Hill which is outside the Corridor. Given the rules it’s seeming like we may not be able to visit them. Can my husband at least travel to Orange Hill from our resort? I’m so confused and uncertain as to whether we should even bother going. Can Jamaican residents visit resorts? So his family can come see us there? So many unanswered questions and we’re not getting much information from friends and family in JA.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Rules for visiting family outside of resilient corridor

That is probably the main thing that the Ministry of Health wants no visitor to do, visit family or friends OUTSIDE the Corridor.

Your family and friends probably don't spend their time following all the press conferences, press releases and announcements from the Office of the Prime Minister. I do this on a "religious" basis.

You have a couple choices. First, I would explain everything to Country Country. They probably all have family in similar situations so be honest with them.

They maybe able to arrange a private area on the property for the gathering.

Another option would be to meet at YS Falls or Cool Runnings Water Park or similar. These places are set up to handle these situations.

But I have to highly advise NOT to go to visit the family home. You might end up quarantining the entire neighborhood.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob. So I’m guessing the same logic and rules would apply to my husband? The other thing he could do is stay in his yard the whole time while we remain in the resort but that doesn’t make much sense either. Ugh

Administrator

User Info Menu

It applies to you, him or the both of you. Do not visit the family home.

If he would stay there, he would be tested and quarantined for 14 days. He would also need to download the Jamcovid app and be monitored. If he would test positive, he would probably be isolated in a government facility. Not a good option.

I would suggest meeting at Country Country or at one of the larger attractions that are designed for these situations.

User Info Menu

Understood. Thank you for the honest and informed reply. This is a tough situation.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes, this is one of the most difficult. I know friends that had a family member fly in a funeral and they ended up quarantined the entire time waiting for test results.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hijack my own thread but are masks required on the beach and what about for a five and 3 year old? Airport? Thank you!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

They are making masks elective on the beach, unless in a gathering. Then they are required for adults. And for children, they are against masks on the beach because of the nature of children, sand, water and the effect on breathing when the mask gets wet.

Ask Country Country for details if they can arrange this for you.

User Info Menu

I sent an email. It’s probably going to cost a lot but I’ll see what they come back with. We also own land there that’s in the process of being surveyed and my husband needs to meet with some people. But doesn’t seem like that’s possible. Rob this whole thing is so upsetting

User Info Menu

What exactly is the corridor? I'm coming in September and booked a hotel on beach road not all inclusive. So what does that mean exactly? How far can I go from my hotel..its near bourbon..lol.