Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has this changed again?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Has this changed again?

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    I just emailed Country Country to see if we can at least use the portion of beach that’s in front of the hotel. I’m ok with staying at the resort but it might get a bit boring. Still planning for September 20th though.
    The beach is open. The only part closed is the Norman Manley Beach Park by the community centre.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Ok good to hear. I think between the beach and the pool my 5 year old will be entertained. Throw in a few smoothies and she’ll be good to go lol.

User Info Menu

The government of Jamaica has changed the protocol to say that all non-residents must stay in their approved resort. Please see my thread started a few minutes ago about an answer I received from the Jamaica Tourist Board.
    Last edited by Weathermon & Mi Lady; 08-13-2020 at 10:26 AM.

User Info Menu

Closing the beach at Norman Manley Beach Park will not solve the problem since you can access the beach at One Mile, Roots, or many other locations. If people chose to disregard the protocols they will.
    Stay Safe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    Closing the beach at Norman Manley Beach Park will not solve the problem since you can access the beach at One Mile, Roots, or many other locations. If people chose to disregard the protocols they will.
    Stay Safe.
    If Jamaica is serious about the protocols, the authorities should begin enforcing them for visitors as well as locals. Maybe a fine or removal from the island would get some people's attention.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    Stay Safe.
    Actually it does solve the problem since the problem was the parties at the public Norman Manley Beach Park. They have facilities for sound systems as well as bathrooms, which impromptu, unauthorized parties were being held. Virtually the rest of the beach is owned by the hotel properties. Places like Roots Bamboo will not allow unauthorized parties on their property.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!