Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has this changed again?

User Info Menu

Has this changed again?

It once again states tourists must stay on property Name:  23B4ED00-CDDB-4D26-BF2F-7BB6236183CB.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  278.7 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Has this changed again?

I don't think anything has changed including the confusion.

User Info Menu

I have friends that are in Negril, now, and have been for a week. They have just posted a bunch of pictures, of them all over... at Connies, at different restaurants like Chicken Lavish, partying at Bourbon beach.. at Boardwalk village and so on, ..so , obviously folks do not have to stay in there hotels !

User Info Menu

I don't see the list of approved "attractions" on visitjamaica.com. Technical glitch or tourist lockdown?

User Info Menu

It definitely does not have the visit approved sites within the corridor anymore that was suppose to start 8/7.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    It definitely does not have the visit approved sites within the corridor anymore that was suppose to start 8/7.
    I am checking on it, it does seem to be changed but the PM Disaster Risk Management #11 still is the latest order... and the Ministry of Tourism has videos on FB encouraging visitors to leave the resort.

Mixed messages to say the least.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

I will have more later, but the increases in Covid cases has the officials rightfully worried.

Decisions are being made with "agilty" to quote the government, and not everyone is as agile.

Attractions are currently off limits, but waiting to hear on restaurants and bars.

And the Negril Beach IS open, just the community centre area is closed.

More to come...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update....Hopefully restaurants remain open....will wait to hear more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    I have friends that are in Negril, now, and have been for a week. They have just posted a bunch of pictures, of them all over... at Connies, at different restaurants like Chicken Lavish, partying at Bourbon beach.. at Boardwalk village and so on, ..so , obviously folks do not have to stay in there hotels !
    If this is true, and it looks like it may be, your friends are not following protocol.

User Info Menu

I just emailed Country Country to see if we can at least use the portion of beach that’s in front of the hotel. I’m ok with staying at the resort but it might get a bit boring. Still planning for September 20th though.