Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Customs ????

User Info Menu

Customs ????

Do we need to declare things that we are going to eat ? Plan to bring canned spam and pre cooked bacon?
    Should we let customs know we have this food ? Soon come Jan 11-19

User Info Menu

Tmi, Atkins??
    Last edited by Soursop555; 11-24-2011 at 01:16 AM.

User Info Menu

why do you want to bring food for? plenty enough on the island for all types

User Info Menu

I love Jamaican Bacon something about it I crave

User Info Menu

I would think its the same as bringing some snacks for your own personal consumption - Its not a gift and you are not selling them. I always have stuff like Ju Jubes & gum in my bags and no one has ever looked at them

User Info Menu

I bring in many food items when I come....as long as it is not fresh meat or produce, it is OK....although, once I did bring in peperoni, which I thought was OK, because it was smoked & vacumn packed but they took it away from me. I do bring in many packaged items & also cheese. I don't think honey is allowed either & maybe not coffee, but I have never had it taken from me.

User Info Menu

I bring in many food items when I come....as long as it is not fresh meat or produce, it is OK....although, once I did bring in pepperoni, which I thought was OK, because it was smoked & vacumn packed but they took it away from me. I do bring in many packaged items & also cheese. I don't think honey is allowed either & maybe not coffee, but I have never had it taken from me.

User Info Menu

mi would just go to the nuthin to Declare Line like always........
    not like they can collect much duty on bacon and spam.........lol
    mi can see carrying a few snacks etc but food isn't a problem in Negril.......lol
    and they do sell Spam in Jamaica........as well as everything else
    with the serious weight restrictions we have today on the airlines.....is it really worth bringing food?
    nowadays anything you need can be bought in Negril.......
    and not like the old days when you couldn't even buy a light bulb in Negril......

and paying for $30 or $40 checking a bag is getting outa hand........
    when you can easily buy a lot of new clothes for $30 or $40 bucks in Jamaica to wear der.....
    it's not like you need wardrobe there......lol........shorts, tshirts and flip flops are the norm there
    sometimes mi just live in my bathing suit all day.......lol
    and then you can give it all away to a deserving person when you leave........
    plus you helping the Jamaican economy........

sorry for the blah blah blah.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    mi would just go to the nuthin to Declare Line like always........
    not like they can collect much duty on bacon and spam.........lol
    mi can see carrying a few snacks etc but food isn't a problem in Negril.......lol
    and they do sell Spam in Jamaica........as well as everything else
    with the serious weight restrictions we have today on the airlines.....is it really worth bringing food?
    nowadays anything you need can be bought in Negril.......
    and not like the old days when you couldn't even buy a light bulb in Negril......

and paying for $30 or $40 checking a bag is getting outa hand........
    when you can easily buy a lot of new clothes for $30 or $40 bucks in Jamaica to wear der.....
    it's not like you need wardrobe there......lol........shorts, tshirts and flip flops are the norm there
    sometimes mi just live in my bathing suit all day.......lol
    and then you can give it all away to a deserving person when you leave........
    plus you helping the Jamaican economy........

sorry for the blah blah blah.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Marko mi agree in my case i only have few tings to wear, i always buy t shirts when here and leave them behind for the housekeepers to give to who ever they feel needs them

User Info Menu

I live in Jamaica, so there is always Jamaican food available for me....SOMETIMES I want a taste of a different kind of food or bring in what is expensive or difficult to find in Jamaica. Believe me I have eaten so much rice & peas & chicken that I don't really need to see it again for awhile....."jerk" chicken is however, exempt from that statement.