Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Response from Travel Support Team, visitjamaica.com

User Info Menu

Re: Response from Travel Support Team, visitjamaica.com

And now, split stays are not allowed either. Many split between cliffs and beach....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    They still did not reply on how you can eat if your resort does not have a restaurant......
    Here is the emailed response to my query regarding staying at a hotel without a restaurant/bar. Basically, they said that the situation is fluid; but, right now we should try to stay at accommodations with facilities that meet our needs:

Dear Robert Eyermann,

Thank you for contacting the Jamaica Tourist Board.

At this time the Government of Jamaica has made it a requirement for persons to observe the "stay on property" measure. This has been implemented to ensure the safety of everyone present and arriving to our beautiful island.

We suggest that in an effort to comply with the requirements of the Jamaican Government, please select a property with the facilities needed for the duration of your stay.

Regrettably, we are not in a position to adjust the requirements set by the Jamaican Government. The situation with COVID remains fluid and the safety of persons will continue to be a priority.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Please do not reply to this email. Click here if you need further assistance with this support request or visit http://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization for more information.

We trust that this information was helpful and we look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful island.

Support request:

Some of my friends who have reservations at accommodations which do not have a bar or restaurant are wondering how they will be able to get food and drink if they cannot leave their resort for the duration of their trip. I appreciate your response.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    And now, split stays are not allowed either. Many split between cliffs and beach....
    Well crap! We were excited to try Westender for 3 days before moving on to White Sands! I'm about ready to say screw it for the second time this year and just stay home
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

It definitely is different than what people were expecting, but fluidity is needed during a pandemic. I am hoping these new changes will be revisited soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    Well crap! We were excited to try Westender for 3 days before moving on to White Sands! I'm about ready to say screw it for the second time this year and just stay home
    I get it. We came back on February 10, 2020; had the Influenza A for 2 weeks (yes, we had flu shots); Covid began shortly after; we canceled a June reach with our Granddaughter; and, now, we are iffy about our December long reach. Hopefully, things will improve.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weathermon & Mi Lady View Post
    I get it. We came back on February 10, 2020; had the Influenza A for 2 weeks (yes, we had flu shots); Covid began shortly after; we canceled a June reach with our Granddaughter; and, now, we are iffy about our December long reach. Hopefully, things will improve.
    Actually, I don't get it. I have 2 weeks of vacation to use by the end of the year that I'll lose. Do I either a) waste it sitting around in Buffalo b) take an expensive vacation in the winter to somewhere cold in New England (the only area New Yorkers can go with the current Quarantine rules) c) sit on the same beach for 2 weeks in 80 degree weather eating and drinking what I want ... hmmm... such a tough decision... lol.

Don't get me wrong, I will miss the night life and reggae bands down the beach and great food in the cliffs if these rules still apply in Nov/Dec but it's still a no-brainer. I think people are too hung up with what they could get and do in the 'old normal'... not appreciating what they can get and do in the 'new normal'... and who's to say that 'the new normal' won't continue for a few years to come?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Actually, I don't get it. I have 2 weeks of vacation to use by the end of the year that I'll lose. Do I either a) waste it sitting around in Buffalo b) take an expensive vacation in the winter to somewhere cold in New England (the only area New Yorkers can go with the current Quarantine rules) c) sit on the same beach for 2 weeks in 80 degree weather eating and drinking what I want ... hmmm... such a tough decision... lol.

Don't get me wrong, I will miss the night life and reggae bands down the beach and great food in the cliffs if these rules still apply in Nov/Dec but it's still a no-brainer. I think people are too hung up with what they could get and do in the 'old normal'... not appreciating what they can get and do in the 'new normal'... and who's to say that 'the new normal' won't continue for a few years to come?
    I am not promoting breaking any laws or rules but... For years and years, I have been living on and off in rural Jamaica in non-approved Guesthouses, riding with friends in White Plate taxis and (more or less) living like a local. This time, I am going to stay at a place where they tell me they are approved and will take my temperature every day for the government.
    I am just fine with that but.... when I want to go out to eat or anywhere in the zone, I am going to go. Simple as that. I will wear a mask always and social distance as much as possible.

I am going for about 5 weeks. Will I stay in the same place the whole time? Probably not but I will continue to follow the mask and social distancing rules.

I am not going to let these "shifting sands" rules and regulations that are so mercurial influence my plans for Oct and Nov. I will go and do my best to be a good visitor there as I am a good citizen here in So. Florida even though that doesn't appear to be the norm.

It seems to me that if you want to go...then go. If you are wobbling around and indecisive then wait until it is perfectly safe...if that is ever going to happen again.

I am not promoting any discord only saying my opinion and what are my plans. I hope everyone makes the best decision for themselves as possible.

Peace and Guidance
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post

I pulled the trigger Sunday for November and unless the countries shut down we are coming. We love Fun holiday and if we can't do anything else no big deal. Some times we walk in the water for our exercise we can do that! We already had our April reach cancelled so unless we can't fly there we will be taking our 60th bday and 36th anniversary trip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Celinda View Post
    I pulled the trigger Sunday for November and unless the countries shut down we are coming. We love Fun holiday and if we can't do anything else no big deal. Some times we walk in the water for our exercise we can do that! We already had our April reach cancelled so unless we can't fly there we will be taking our 60th bday and 36th anniversary trip.
    I love the attitude!!

User Info Menu

We booked for Jan 2021 today. If travel between the 2 countries is allowed, Catcha will definitely be better than West Virginia in January. If we are "stuck" on the property I'm sure we will survive that hardship....if travel is not allowed cancellation policies on our booking allow enough room to not feel jammed up. 5 months is a long time and the situation will change, for better or worse.
    '01 Perseverance Resort. '03 Perseverance Resort/ Ben Harver House. '12 Samsara.'13 Samsara.'14 Samsara.'15/'16 Xtabi.'17 Xtabi.'18 Xtabi.'19Xtabi