Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Response from Travel Support Team, visitjamaica.com

User Info Menu

Response from Travel Support Team, visitjamaica.com

I asked a question about the protocol for non-residents staying in the resilient corridor in an approved hotel who did not test positive for the virus. Here is the answer and the question I asked which follows (This is from visitjamaica.com and the Jamaica Tourist Board)):

Dear Robert Eyermann:

Thank you for contacting the Jamaica Tourist Board.

Travellers staying at an approved resort within the resilient corridor are encouraged to enjoy the attractions and amenities of the resort. They are now required to stay on property. This is a change in what was previously a stay in zone oder. The government of Jamaica recently made the change.
    We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Please do not reply to this email. Click here if you need further assistance with this support request or visit http://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization for more information.
    We trust that this information was helpful and we look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful island.

Support request:

There is some confusion about what non-resident visitors who are staying in the resilient corridor are permitted to do. If I am not from the high risk states and do not have symptoms, so I don't require a test, do I then have to stay in my Covid-19 approved resort, for the duration of my visit to Jamaica? Are approved bars and restaurants able to be visited or am I to remain at my hotel for my entire trip?
    One Love
Markland Campbell
Travel Support Team

User Info Menu

Re: Response from Travel Support Team, visitjamaica.com

Well that seems pretty definite. Even though White Sands is small, I've already made my mind up to still come down and just stay on property if this is still the case in November (still much better than Buffalo... lol). Just means more tips for the WS crew!!

User Info Menu

They still did not reply on how you can eat if your resort does not have a restaurant......

User Info Menu

Any Likkle Ting U Need can deliver just about anything available in Negril.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Well that seems pretty definite. Even though White Sands is small, I've already made my mind up to still come down and just stay on property if this is still the case in November (still much better than Buffalo... lol). Just means more tips for the WS crew!!
    I’m still so torn about going in September. 9 days is a long time to stay in one small resort even though we have a pool, beach and restaurant. At least I’ll get a great tan out of it lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    I’m still so torn about going in September. 9 days is a long time to stay in one small resort even though we have a pool, beach and restaurant. At least I’ll get a great tan out of it lol.
    Well it's not like you have alot of options if you want to get away (at least I don't in NYS with most of the US states on the quarantine list for NY)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    They still did not reply on how you can eat if your resort does not have a restaurant......
    The government expects that you will have to eat. Hopefully, someone in Jamaica who is following the protocols have some insight. I know that some restaurants will deliver. Maureen Miniter has a delivery service - Any Likkle Ting U Need - and will deliver almost anything. She has a Facebook Page for more information.

Meanwhile, I will try to find the answer to this question.

User Info Menu

Thanks. ��

User Info Menu

Sad to say I’ve decided to defer my trip till February for a wedding anniversary/50th birthday celebration. Renting a house in Cape Cod by the beach in September instead. I’m so sad but we wouldn’t have been able to visit our family’s house or see the land we purchased. Plus the issues with my 3 year old keeping a mask on. Hoping by February things calm down. Plane tickets are surprisingly reasonable.

User Info Menu

I go the end of September and if I have to stay within my hotel for a few days thats okay, but really thinking of reconsidering if this extends throughout October. I am not doing a AI and do not want to do delivery for my food. Part of my vacation is visiting different restaurants. This really puts a damper on my plans and takes the excitement out of vacation. Fingers crossed!