Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you are wanting to come down...

User Info Menu

Re: If you are wanting to come down...

Jess, if you just use booking.com or one of the other travel sites and look for Negril hotels, you will find that hotels are listing discounted rates for the remainder of the "slow season".

User Info Menu

I would call the hotel directly - they will usually discount even further than the discounted travel site rates.

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    Jess, if you just use booking.com or one of the other travel sites and look for Negril hotels, you will find that hotels are listing discounted rates for the remainder of the "slow season".

User Info Menu

We were looking forward to our December trip but now we have to change our plans because we had our 18 days divided between two different small resorts. Now we have to scrap that plan. With the stay in place rules and all inclusive looks like a better deal since most of them have two or three restaurants and you are not limited to just one restaurant at your small resort. Hopefully, things will change before we have to cancel or change our plans in November to keep from losing our
    deposits for December
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Hi Rob thanks for all the great information you are providing us. I know by the time I have planned things may change. I am staying in Oct in Airbnb behind Best of the West. If they have a beach area they have access to use, can this be considered the "beach for the resort"? I have already paid for this for my cancelled trip this April. I cannot afford another place at this point. Any suggestions?
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info, both are good ideas.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bella Bea View Post
    Hi Rob thanks for all the great information you are providing us. I know by the time I have planned things may change. I am staying in Oct in Airbnb behind Best of the West. If they have a beach area they have access to use, can this be considered the "beach for the resort"? I have already paid for this for my cancelled trip this April. I cannot afford another place at this point. Any suggestions?
    You are entitled to use any of the facilities that the property has, if there is an official arrangement then that would be allowed. My only concern is that the AirBnB may not be certified. If its not, you would be in Category 4:

Category 4: Non-residents visiting Jamaica for other purposes including tourists not staying within the “resilient corridor”

The pre-testing requirement described above is applicable to persons in this category if they are residents of locations designated as high risk by the Jamaican health authorities. Persons who are not required to pre-test may be required to be tested at the airport or other designated facility, if assessed by the health authorities as high-risk based on health screening and risk assessment on arrival. For persons required to be tested for COVID-19, the test will be a RT-PCR test and a sample will be taken by oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal swabbing. They will then await their test results under quarantine at their hotel/intended address.

Whether or not persons are required to be tested, they will be required to remain in quarantine at home for 14 days from their date of entry to Jamaica. If persons are required to be tested and their test is negative, they will be required to remain in quarantine at home for 14 days from their date of entry to Jamaica. If the test is positive, they will be isolated either at home or in a government facility as determined by the health authorities.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

The first few years my husband and I went to Negril with friends,(1999),we were told you just try and get the price down for something you want to buy. Didn't know any better. Well after our friends stopped going and we kept going,my husband and I decided if we wanted to purchase something we would ask how much they want,and that's what we pay. Done. We are small business owners. No one asks us to change our price. Nor would we even think of asking someone to change theirs either. Respect.
    http://negril.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9303_1.gif

User Info Menu

I understand Jamaica wanting to be opening as safely as possible, but until they loosen restrictions/requirements on American tourists, it is unreasonable to expect many visitors. Hoping to see an ease on restrictions soon. I understand America has put themselves in this ridiculous position of not being allowed to travel to much of the world, but that is where we are.

User Info Menu

We like to stay at small, Jamaican-owned properties. Is there a site that would show if these smaller places are government approved during the pandemic?

Our home is in an isolated area in Canada and we have taken all necessary precautions here. We normally stay in Jamaica for 3 months, mid December to mid March. We’ve made arrangements with a friend to do our grocery shopping for the first two weeks and transport us from Montego Bay to Negril. We hope that we will be able to isolate for 14 days and then go grocery shopping wearing masks, hand sanitizing and having our temperature taken. We do most of our own cooking and cleaning. Are these reasonable expectations during the current COVID-19 restrictions?

Administrator

User Info Menu

The government approved properties, large and small can be found here:

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

Scroll down near the bottom.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!