Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you are wanting to come down...

User Info Menu

Re: If you are wanting to come down...

Negril is a Paradise for for all to Explore and Enjoy. COVID 19 is an obstacle we all must venture through based on our trust, education and and personal experiences. If you choose to experience this Utopia and stay at a smaller/boutique property, please try and book with them directly. The commissions from the booking sites take a major bite out of their Net . I understand saving money, but if you are going to the place you already love or are going to fall in love with for the 1st time, please don't be a Cheapskate. If the Corridor is open to you, spend cash at a Jerk Barrel, hit up the local bars (not Commercially Know) , hire a driver to take you to somewhere different. There are no Better People in the World. Enjoy, Be Safe, Spread your Love and whatever Cash you can on the Great People who need it Most.

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob, I’ll keep checking the sight, hoping our booked accommodations will show up on the list.

User Info Menu

Just over two months until our trip, but I don't see our hotel (Legends), or our transportation (Rockies) on the approved list.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    Just over two months until our trip, but I don't see our hotel (Legends), or our transportation (Rockies) on the approved list.
    I brought that very thing up to Rocky and was told that they are Covid compliant; but, being on that list is not mandatory. I suggested to them that people are going to be looking at the providers on that list for transportation and Rocky's is not among the providers listed. We will see.

I don't know about Legends.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weathermon & Mi Lady View Post
    I brought that very thing up to Rocky and was told that they are Covid compliant; but, being on that list is not mandatory. I suggested to them that people are going to be looking at the providers on that list for transportation and Rocky's is not among the providers listed. We will see.

I don't know about Legends.
    With my provider where I am staying, I asked the same question and they said they are compliant and also not on that list. They said they would provide me with all the relative information needed at Sangsters before I arrive. I suggest you do the same for Legends just to be safe.

JMO
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

It's a pleasure to hear from you. All is well. I have been getting numerous concerns regarding being listed on the visitjamaica.com site.
    Rocky's Taxi and Tours is registered under JUTA Lucea in the name Roxroy Lawrence. I did my certification and Covid training classes at Rayon Hotel. My uniform looks like that of JUTA so they have me as a JUTA member, I should have signed as Rocky's Tours. All JUTA drivers are COVID certified as displayed on the visitjamaica.com site. Some businesses chose to get their own certification so as to be listed separately but the JUTA certification covers all JUTA drivers. MY business is registered as Roxroy Lawrence trading as Rocky's Tours. We are Covid19 certified, no worries mon see you soon.
    Name:  NEQB8527.JPG
Views: 886
Size:  175.3 KB
    Rocky's Tours the ultimate provider of ground transportation in Jamaica.
    Email: rockystours@yahoo.com , roxroy45@hotmail.com
    Office: 876-648-1877, 305-848-8389 between 9:00am - 10:00pm
    Mobile:876-370-7915 anytime.
    Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/RockysTours?ref=hl
    Tripadvisor:http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147313-d1733504-Reviews-Rocky_s_Taxi_and_Tour_Services-Negril_Westmoreland_Parish_Jamaica.html

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info Rocky!!

User Info Menu

Sent a message to Legends, expressing my concerns about them not being on the compliant list, here is their reply:

"Hello Terrence,
    We have been working with our local health authorities to achieve our
    Covid-19 compliance certification. We expect to be on that list of certified resorts before November 2020. At worst, we will suggest
    certified resorts for you to be re-located but, we prefer if you can stay with us as planned. A lot is left to happen in the next sixty days so
    please just take matters a week at a time and stay safe. Feel free to
    check back with us in October and hopefully, we will publish our re-open date by then."

I agree that many things will be changed by then, hopefully for the better, time will tell.
    It seems the resorts that are taking future reservations without yet being certified compliant are betting on a come, I hope it works out, for us and for them.

User Info Menu

We have been using the same driver for years and hope to see hm in February. We have just prepaid our airport transfer and some other incidentals via Western Union. He needs the money more now that he will in February (we hope). We will give a hand when we can.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tahrheel View Post
    We have been using the same driver for years and hope to see hm in February. We have just prepaid our airport transfer and some other incidentals via Western Union. He needs the money more now that he will in February (we hope). We will give a hand when we can.
    That's just wonderful ❣️