Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Least expensive way to send money

User Info Menu

Re: Least expensive way to send money

I gave up on Western Union a few years ago because I tried sending funds to 2 different people(at different times) rejected. Mind you I had been using their service for years. Didn't matter they wouldn't let the funds go through. I now use only MoneyGram. So easy.
    http://negril.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9303_1.gif

User Info Menu

My input... i have been sending WesternUnion regularly (monthly) to my Negril besties for the past couple years. I have found western union to be quite affordable as far as fees. However, they are quite strict. Ex: recipient cant get it cuz i sent too many times so they request and require a whole profile on the recipient, which of course, defeats the funds sent, timewise, esp now in difficult times. I do not think it is working a loop when I send at 1 time for all intended in 1 name and text my peeps to make sure 1 picks it up and disperses the funds to all included. Has worked for me with cheap fees. Just my experience. Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

Western Union just refused to send my money of course after I left the bank to be on hold for 45 minutes. Now I have to go back tomorrow and get my money back. So frustrating.

User Info Menu

I've used Moneygram successfully a few times and I spent $4.99 to send $150US.

User Info Menu

We sent money to a friend yesterday via Xoom and he picked it up today with no problems.
    Cost to us was $4.99 but I'm not sure if there was a cost on his end because I'm not sure what
    the exchange rate is today.

User Info Menu

they make their money on the exchange rate...WU pays 130 but cambios about 150... you know WU is going to get their share