Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Least expensive way to send money

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Least expensive way to send money

Wanting to send some money down to a few friends . Used to mail cash but got stolen one time so have been using western union . Any suggestions on a service that would just charge a couple bucks ? Thanks

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Least expensive way to send money

Not really... maybe Xoom...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I sent funds yesterday thru Western Union and paid a small fee. They are currently on high alert looking for fraud. It took 2 days and over an hour on the phone to get my small transfer approved.....it is not like I was sending $1,000,000 LOL!

They questioned if I knew the person....how long have I know the person...have I ever transferred $$ to this person...what are the funds to be used for....

I work in a bank, so I understand the security efforts, but holy cow! I have consistently send $$ to this person and I always send $$ for school uniforms.
    Last edited by jamaicajeanne; 08-20-2020 at 12:19 PM.

User Info Menu

I gave up on Western Union a few years ago because I tried sending funds to 2 different people(at different times) rejected. Mind you I had been using their service for years. Didn't matter they wouldn't let the funds go through. I now use only MoneyGram. So easy.
    http://negril.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9303_1.gif

User Info Menu

My input... i have been sending WesternUnion regularly (monthly) to my Negril besties for the past couple years. I have found western union to be quite affordable as far as fees. However, they are quite strict. Ex: recipient cant get it cuz i sent too many times so they request and require a whole profile on the recipient, which of course, defeats the funds sent, timewise, esp now in difficult times. I do not think it is working a loop when I send at 1 time for all intended in 1 name and text my peeps to make sure 1 picks it up and disperses the funds to all included. Has worked for me with cheap fees. Just my experience. Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

Western Union just refused to send my money of course after I left the bank to be on hold for 45 minutes. Now I have to go back tomorrow and get my money back. So frustrating.

User Info Menu

will check out zoom. thanks
    have been thinking of asking them to set up an account at scotia just so i can wire money . Rob, any cost to set up an account at Scotia ?

User Info Menu

I have been very happy with MoneyGram.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ and Subrina View Post
    I have been very happy with MoneyGram.
    MoneyGram is cool.... limit is us$250 I think...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    MoneyGram is cool.... limit is us$250 I think...
    I sent $600 CAD a couple of months ago.