Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Least expensive way to send money

User Info Menu

Least expensive way to send money

Wanting to send some money down to a few friends . Used to mail cash but got stolen one time so have been using western union . Any suggestions on a service that would just charge a couple bucks ? Thanks

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Least expensive way to send money

Not really... maybe Xoom...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I sent funds yesterday thru Western Union and paid a small fee. They are currently on high alert looking for fraud. It took 2 days and over an hour on the phone to get my small transfer approved.....it is not like I was sending $1,000,000 LOL!

They questioned if I knew the person....how long have I know the person...have I ever transferred $$ to this person...what are the funds to be used for....

I work in a bank, so I understand the security efforts, but holy cow! I have consistently send $$ to this person and I always send $$ for school uniforms.
    Last edited by jamaicajeanne; 08-20-2020 at 12:19 PM.

User Info Menu

will check out zoom. thanks
    have been thinking of asking them to set up an account at scotia just so i can wire money . Rob, any cost to set up an account at Scotia ?

User Info Menu

I have been very happy with MoneyGram.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    will check out zoom. thanks
    have been thinking of asking them to set up an account at scotia just so i can wire money . Rob, any cost to set up an account at Scotia ?
    No cost to "set it up", but around j$3000 to receive it.... wire transfer not the cheapest way...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ and Subrina View Post
    I have been very happy with MoneyGram.
    MoneyGram is cool.... limit is us$250 I think...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    MoneyGram is cool.... limit is us$250 I think...
    I sent $600 CAD a couple of months ago.

User Info Menu

We send money via Moneygram. Set up an account & send from your computer or phone. Money is available immediately. You need recipients full name & address, as it is on their id. Recipient will need senders name, address, & reference number to pickup funds.

User Info Menu

My husband sent money via Western Union a while ago and will again this week. They didn't want to give our friend the money because of some minor technicality with the names and he had to call my husband from the Western Union office but it got straightened out fairly quickly. A little bit of a hassle and a small fee but well worth it.