Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Gov't to allow tourists movement within resilient corridor!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Gov't to allow tourists movement within resilient corridor!

Contrary to the borders closing speculation, the Covid Resilient Corridor will be opened for tourism activities! From the Observer:

"What we are seeing is a proper management of the pandemic in the resilient corridor. Our problem now is with the Jamaicans who are coming home and going to funerals, churches, parties and beaches without observing the quarantine requirement. So we see no danger in opening up the corridor for visitors to leave their hotels,” said one senior Government source.
    “I expect Minister Bartlett to make the announcement rescinding the stay-at-hotel order shortly as we continue to balance lives and livelihoods,” added the source."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/front...orridor_201510
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Gov't to allow tourists movement within resilient corridor!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Contrary to the borders closing speculation, the Covid Resilient Corridor will be opened for tourism activities! From the Observer:

"What we are seeing is a proper management of the pandemic in the resilient corridor. Our problem now is with the Jamaicans who are coming home and going to funerals, churches, parties and beaches without observing the quarantine requirement. So we see no danger in opening up the corridor for visitors to leave their hotels,” said one senior Government source.
    “I expect Minister Bartlett to make the announcement rescinding the stay-at-hotel order shortly as we continue to balance lives and livelihoods,” added the source."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/front...orridor_201510
    I hope this is true. It is just the news that many of us later year travelers have been hoping for. Thanks Rob.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Re: Gov't to allow tourists movement within resilient corridor!

i am so happy about this! I hope it happens. We were just talking last night about cancelling our trip or switching to an AI. I told the wife we would wait a few more days to see what happens. Apparently the rise in Covid cases isn't in the tourist areas
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*