Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testing positive weeks after having Covid 19

User Info Menu

Re: Testing positive weeks after having Covid 19

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Anyone that plans (and pays) for a trip to Jamaica during these times is taking a calculated risk of getting screwed. All you can do is find the best deals with the best options to opt out if you do get Covid and try to stay safe at home before your trip. I'm willing to take that risk (either my flights are from miles that I can cancel or have free date change options and I'm thinking that my long term relationship with WS will help me recoup or reuse my deposit that I gave them). That all said, I'm not going to worry about what I can't control now that I took the risk. I suggest that you do the same. I figure that if WS does keep some of my money, they'll make it up to me later down the road (and I'm at least helping them in tough times).

Just a thought...
    This is exactly how I am going forward. A plane ticket that can be re-scheduled at no charge up to a year and a pre-payment deposit for my reservation that can be moved if necessary as long as it is not my fault and then I am not exactly sure.

Having a trip months later and using the situation now to make choices is like throwing a baseball thought a car window going 50 miles an hour. You either have to bet the car will be slowing down to make it easier or take the chance of missing all together. If you are not willing to gamble a little then you don't have to agonize in public either. Just wait.

I have been going at least once a year for 37 years and this won't be any different if I can help it.

JMO
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Re: Testing positive weeks after having Covid 19

We had to reschedule our May trip. By the time we get there in December it will be over a year for us. That's way too long!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*