Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Ras Rody

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Re: Ras Rody

enjoyed reading wonder what french restaurant in Negril mentioned in the article?

User Info Menu

What a great article! I am curious as to where is the "So he’d visit the Rastafarian district on his lunch breaks" that he speaks? Also what a great idea: “In my kitchen that we have here, we don’t measure. We don’t weigh. We portion,” he says. “If you come to my kitchen, I’ll portion you some food. If the food is $12, and you happen to have $6, or anything below $12, you’re not going to walk away without eating. We don’t live like that. Our love is unconditional. We are Rastafarian people, and we believe in bringing back the love of the Earth, the respect of the Earth and the people. We gain. We conquer.”
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Thanks Capt Oil...Rob and I read the article this morning & Rob said..."it sounds like you're actually talking to him"...wonderful to read!
    We lived next door to Ras Rody for a number of years...we had a lime tree to share...he was a wonderful cook. 😃

User Info Menu

Back in the day (c. 1983) there was a small group of Rastas who lived next to the bridge at the mouth of the river. The centerpiece was Sister Loves, a shop owned by Sister Love whose given name was Adassa. The shop sold mostly Rasta wood carvings and handsewn baggies which were big back then. They were sewn in the shop on an old Singer machine by a Rasta fella called "Tailor". A Rasta lady named Dorothy P. there cooked us our first homestyle Jamaican dinner. After dinner Tailor invited us to pass the Chalice. Thus began our long love affair with Negril. I remember it like it was yesterday. Maybe that's the Rasta "district" Rody referred to.