Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working remotely in Negril?

User Info Menu

Re: Working remotely in Negril?

Thanks for all the previous replies to this post... any updates on the best place to work in Negril for a couple of weeks? It sounds like getting a good data plan and using my phone as a hotspot may work, or buying a wifi extender to boost the hotel's wifi signal. But if anyone has had great success with a particular hotel, would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Bill

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_nyc View Post
    Thanks for all the previous replies to this post... any updates on the best place to work in Negril for a couple of weeks? It sounds like getting a good data plan and using my phone as a hotspot may work, or buying a wifi extender to boost the hotel's wifi signal. But if anyone has had great success with a particular hotel, would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Bill
    Well I was at White Sands in Dec and I was working on my balcony on their 'garden side' hooked to their wifi with no issues while making programming changes back in Buffalo. Also had my Bubba cup filled with Rum and D. Coke (a much better atmosphere than back at the office.. lol)

Name:  IMG_20200213_122719345_HDR.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  4.17 MB

User Info Menu

I actually had the opposite experience at Coco from what others posted. I had terrible wifi connectivity there. I had better luck using Idle Awhile's. Granted, I was in the room at Coco overlooking the beach in the corner of the building closest to Idle. I was probably as far away from a wifi access point that I could have been, but man what a view!!!
    Johio

User Info Menu

I was planning on working remotely from idle awhile cliffs for the week and if that doesn’t work I will try Westender.

User Info Menu

Last time I was at Idle Beach in rm 203, I picked up Coco's wifi with no problem. Had connection on the beach under the tree as well. Whenever I was on it was reliable.

User Info Menu

Anyone know who offers a monthly rate I assume most places do ..
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

I have been lucky enough to work 2 months from Seastar - with absolutely no issues at all.

Name:  WFN.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  13.4 KB