Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working remotely in Negril?

User Info Menu

Working remotely in Negril?

Has anyone tried working remotely in Negril? I am thinking of giving it a try in November once the wet season is over. The better resorts I've stayed in (Rockhouse, Idle Awhile) have had pretty good but not great internet service. I would probably stick to those 2 unless there is a better option. Reliable internet is the top priority. If anyone has experiences to share, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks, Bill

User Info Menu

Re: Working remotely in Negril?

Treehouse had great reliable internet. We've used PureVPN in Southeast Asia and Jamaica.

User Info Menu

I always bring a laptop to monitor the accounting where I work and I find using a good 4G LTE phone on "hot spot" is sufficient as the speed is pretty good in the Negril area.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Idle Awhile internet was terrible....... CoCo LaPalm was Awsum

User Info Menu

While at Idle, we use Coco’s internet. It must be great on property.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_nyc View Post
    Has anyone tried working remotely in Negril? I am thinking of giving it a try in November once the wet season is over. The better resorts I've stayed in (Rockhouse, Idle Awhile) have had pretty good but not great internet service. I would probably stick to those 2 unless there is a better option. Reliable internet is the top priority. If anyone has experiences to share, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks, Bill
    I've done it for 12 years when on Zion Hill. And after this crap is over I'll be doing it again

PM me if you want to talk

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I'm in an IT dept and always have to bring my laptop down for work emergencies. I've always had great connection speed at White Sands, especially on their garden side, when I've had to connect for work issues.

User Info Menu

I've had great luck at the Tree House, CocoLaPalm & Catcha (but there mainly in the bar area). At Coco, they have three decent computers for guests to use across from the check in room.

User Info Menu

I am retired but I bought a WiFi "Booster" from Amazon which works really well. If your connection is not great you can try one of these. I ahve the white "Bargain" one.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wifi+boos...nb_sb_ss_i_3_4
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

I just spent two weeks working from Tensing Pen. The internet was very good - more than adequate for video conferences and data heavy web apps. However lightning damaged the wifi extender near the south end of the property and I sometimes had to relocate from my room (Pine Pillar) to the bar. They probably fixed the wifi by now but the bar there is a fantastic office - overhead fan kept me cool. I'd be happy to spend a month working from there.

Now I'm working from Treasure Beach where my guesthouse's wifi is strong but the internet is not so good (Flow).