Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COVID Testing For Travel Authorization

User Info Menu

COVID Testing For Travel Authorization

Just an FYI for those coming from the US. It appears the home collection kit from Pixel by LabCorp is no longer being accepted.
    https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: COVID Testing For Travel Authorization

They should not have been accepted at all.... PCR tests are required....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

For more details...

Uploaded results using home test kits (ex. Pixel by LabCorp), along with antibody and antigen tests are NOT accepted.

User Info Menu

I believe the FDA's original EUA identifies the Pixel by LabCorp at home test kit as an RT-PCR test.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...llection%20kit.

I don't blame the JA government for denying them, seems prudent to me given that there is no real chain of custody with these tests. Just saw on another board this morning that quite a few people recently received rejections a day or two prior to travel because they submitted the Pixel. Just thought it was worth sharing.

Have a great day!

User Info Menu

As an RN of almost 30 years, I am not understanding the testing requirements at all. I get the PCR testing. However, you can leave the testing site and be infected the minute you stop or do anything. What good are those results! Absolutely good for nothing. Just saying and a very big frustration for me.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissJen View Post
    As an RN of almost 30 years, I am not understanding the testing requirements at all. I get the PCR testing. However, you can leave the testing site and be infected the minute you stop or do anything. What good are those results! Absolutely good for nothing. Just saying and a very big frustration for me.
    That was discussed at length in the Cabinet and the media when first implemented.

Being tested negative is better than not knowing at all, and it avoids a positive test from making it to the island.

The pretesting is better than not testing at all. We tried to test everyone at the airport and that was overwhelmed within days...

User Info Menu

Does anyone know if PCR tests given at CVS or Walgreens pharmacies are accepted?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaJan View Post
    Does anyone know if PCR tests given at CVS or Walgreens pharmacies are accepted?
    Ask them if they are CAP certified...

From the JTB site:

The CAP’s Accreditation Programs are universally regarded as the most rigorous choice to achieve and maintain accreditation. Participation in the CAP’s accreditation program demonstrates the laboratory’s and biorepository’s commitment to the highest quality and patient care.

User Info Menu

We are having trouble in Nebraska finding a test site that will test without symptoms. CVS and Walgreens both have a questionnaire and you cannot get an appointment without a valid reason. At this point, it seems as though we either have to lie to get a test or not go. Lying does not seem like the right choice....

Administrator

User Info Menu

I don't think lying to Walgreens is much of a crime....