Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ^^^^^^^ My First Negril Thanksgiving ^^^^^^^^

User Info Menu

Red face ^^^^^^^ My First Negril Thanksgiving ^^^^^^^^

Wonderful day today. Baked my sweets last night (gingerbread, brownies and almond cookies). Baked two small chickens, made mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, salad, pear, fresh lemonade and those spiral rollup thingys w/jalepeno, mince carrot garlic onion and sweet peppa in cream cheese (got some raised eyebrows but most people loved them) and a family tradition black olives (what a weird tradition). The American staying long term downstairs brought two nice bottles of Chardonnay and I had Appleton, Guiness and Red Stripe.

Finally the chicken finished baking and the staff came in waves and tore up the meal. Great music, laughs, drinks, food and fellowship. It was just lovely. After everyone left I sat down on the couch to rest because I was exhausted. Then came a knock on the door and it was one of the workers and he insisted that I let him wash the MOUNTAIN of dirty dishes to thank me for the meal. Thank you lord. It was so kind and I told him so. The gingerbread/cake was the biggest hit and they fought over it until it was finish guarding their piece and laughing about thiefing cake. Being single I seldom get to cook big meals so it was so fun for me. And then to get glowing reviews and sweet comments from everyone. I don’t know how I fed 16 people on two small chickens but blessings flow and everyone got full and not a scrap leff but a bit of rum and wine.

My first Thanksgiving in Jamaica was golden. I am blessed.

Name:  010.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  80.1 KB
    Name:  020.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  88.1 KB
    Name:  011.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  93.2 KB
    Name:  015.JPG
Views: 419
Size:  94.4 KB
    Name:  009.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  39.1 KB
    Name:  019.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  41.5 KB
    Name:  018.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  43.5 KB
    Name:  017.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  50.3 KB
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

so nice to see this Sweetness....they do appreciate it ...bless you girl
    ~~~love and light~~~

User Info Menu

May you be Blessed........
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

wow looks and sounds wonderful sweetness. bless you...happy T day!!
    T

Sponsor

User Info Menu

You did good, the meal looked incredible and I know how difficult and expensive it is to pull off in Jamaica, beautiful person you are!!!!......... sometime I'd like to be able to come at Thanksgiving and help you do this again!! BTW your place looks beautiful!
    Visit #56 soon come

User Info Menu

Pure niceness....
    Feb.1 - 16 Xtabi

[https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Wouldn't expect anything different from you Sweetness. May your blessings continue to flow,,,,,

User Info Menu

You were flowing in and out of conversations at Canoe last night Sweetness! We would have liked to see you there but knew you were busy ~ !

Sponsor

User Info Menu

You are blessed Sweetness....and how wonderful to treat everyone The food sounded and looked awesome!

See you soon

User Info Menu

WOW, what a spread!! How wonderful of you to share with everyone...perfect way to give thanks to the island that I know you and all of us, are so very thankful for. You are perfection!!! Funny how all the hard work and time seems to disappear when the smiles of friendship and happiness abound. Jamaicans are always so very good about helping out and sharing their gratitude for a great food bashment!!