Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Squatters at Old T-Water

User Info Menu

Squatters at Old T-Water

Wondering about the food stands on the beach at the old T-Water property. Never understood how the could be there in the first place, no running water, electricity coming from somewhere. There is no way they can meet current protocols. I personally would like to see them going away. Don’t like being hassled about eating there every time we walk by.

User Info Menu

Re: Squatters at Old T-Water

Folks are trying to make a living, I guess. After Gilbert, Mark's Hurricane Bar ("Total Relaxation") appeared on the beach at the end
    of Yellow Birds driveway. Yellow Bird property was chain link fenced in. It was three years later before the property owners (from Montreal I was told) came back and kicked him out. It was a blast while it lasted. Mark took the whole thing apart piece by piece and moved it up to the Half Moon property at Green Island. I think it's still there but Mark died a few years ago and I don't know who might have it now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    Folks are trying to make a living, I guess. After Gilbert, Mark's Hurricane Bar ("Total Relaxation") appeared on the beach at the end
    of Yellow Birds driveway. Yellow Bird property was chain link fenced in. It was three years later before the property owners (from Montreal I was told) came back and kicked him out. It was a blast while it lasted. Mark took the whole thing apart piece by piece and moved it up to the Half Moon property at Green Island. I think it's still there but Mark died a few years ago and I don't know who might have it now.
    Is that the free standing bar at HMB? I have never seen it in use and never asked Tonya or Andrew about it.

User Info Menu

That's it on the water side of the road. When Yellow Bird threw Mark out Andrew told him he could move it there. The water line there is rocky with no sand and being so removed from Negril it never really caught on. If you remember Lollypop on the Beach it was where all the drivers from the airport would stop for beers on the way down. We always stopped at the Hurricane to see Mark on our way down after he moved to Half Moon. Then one trip some years ago we stopped and they were planning Mark's funeral. I was told later that Marks widow tried to make a go of it but it didn't work out. I saw Andrew at the LTU New Years party this year. We talked about those days and raised a toast to Mark's memory. Gone but not forgotten.