Home | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

  1. #1
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

    We are counting down the days to our arrival on Oct 6 and I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience getting their travel authorization. We have the correct Covid test (with an approved lab) scheduled for 9 days before our arrival. I knew when I planned this trip, in the midst of a global pandemic and (almost) the middle of hurricane season that there was barely a 50/50 chance this would actually happen but I am becoming more optimistic by the day (whether that optimism is misguided by lots of hope remains to be seen).

    Has anyone noticed that the VisitJamaica travel authorization page states that these protocols are for travel "to September 30th"? I assume they will extend these rules but who knows.

  2. #2
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

    Where did you find the proper test? I'm gonna check with my Dr and the health dept.

  3. #3
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Celinda View Post
    Where did you find the proper test? I'm gonna check with my Dr and the health dept.
    Great question Celinda, I searched a lot and got lucky that there is a private health clinic in my town that is offering the PCR test and they FedEx their samples each day to a lab in Nashville TN that is on the CAP list of approved labs and get results back by the morning of the 3rd day at the latest. They also let you schedule testing in advance and, unlike the big hospitals here, you do not have to have any symptoms to be tested. A LOT of people think the "Abbott ID NOW" test is acceptable but I don't think it is because it is not run in a lab, much less in an approved lab, but this test is appealing because it gives results in about an hour. I think checking with your doctor is a great start.

  4. #4
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

    The health department in Indiana test for free. I'm checking on that. Plus the Dr office told me what clinic they would send us to. But we may need to have symptoms at one testing site.

  5. #5
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

    Quote Originally Posted by Celinda View Post
    The health department in Indiana test for free. I'm checking on that. Plus the Dr office told me what clinic they would send us to. But we may need to have symptoms at one testing site.
    Keep looking, you will find the right place. And you don't have to overpay, the place I found is only $50 if you don't have insurance. There was no co-pay if you do. I've seen places charging $400+. Don't.

    Everyone, everyone in the world for the first time in our lifetimes, has been dealing with a major trauma (physical or even just emotional) at the same time. I know it has affected some so horribly, beyond comprehension, and some only emotionally as they process the daily stress but this is unique in our human history (in our time). We all want to remove ourselves from this mess and there is no better place for those of us "in the know" than Jamaica and Negril in particular.

    I hope all of those who know this place, and learn from this great site, get to enjoy that wonderful place of solace for us all very soon. I am counting down the days, and hoping my group of 4 tests negative on Sept 28!

  6. #6
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattDinSC View Post
    Keep looking, you will find the right place. And you don't have to overpay, the place I found is only $50 if you don't have insurance. There was no co-pay if you do. I've seen places charging $400+. Don't.

    Everyone, everyone in the world for the first time in our lifetimes, has been dealing with a major trauma (physical or even just emotional) at the same time. I know it has affected some so horribly, beyond comprehension, and some only emotionally as they process the daily stress but this is unique in our human history (in our time). We all want to remove ourselves from this mess and there is no better place for those of us "in the know" than Jamaica and Negril in particular.

    I hope all of those who know this place, and learn from this great site, get to enjoy that wonderful place of solace for us all very soon. I am counting down the days, and hoping my group of 4 tests negative on Sept 28!
    I am from Canada and do not require a test, completed my travel authorization this morning and had a response within 3 minutes via email. See you Saturday Jamaica!!

  7. #7
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

    Shetrytea, that us great news as we are from Alberta and was worried about the authorization. We are still 85 days out so know things can change, but that’s good news. Now to get flights confirmed!
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19

  8. #8
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

    So here is my experience I am traveling to Jamaica this Saturday got tested 18 Sep found a great lab the is approved but u have to pay well worth it though tested in the morning had results by 1230pm then Monday the 21st five days prior submitted my travel authorization early that morning uploaded the results yes I sent a picture guess that is not good . Been waiting and stressing hoping I would have my approval Wednesday but still nothing . Thank god for the guy who wrote about the WhatsApp number on this forum 630 am I sent my message and was praying and praying they responded quickly said they would look into it they understood my anxiety and said they were advising hundreds of people on there at the same time but they would have an update definitely today . After a couple hours of waiting I get the email approval and I thanked them profusely they were very nice but it was so much stress waiting but now I am so excited Jamaica here I come !!

  9. #9
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

    Glad to hear it worked out for you! We are taking our Covid tests on Monday and, if all goes well (which isn't a great saying in 2020), we will be looking at a Negril sunset in 12 days. Our hotel was just added to the list on the Travel Authorization so if the tropics stay calm, this may actually work out for us too.

  10. #10
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Any recent Travel Authorization experiences?

    Quote Originally Posted by 619Girl View Post
    So here is my experience I am traveling to Jamaica this Saturday got tested 18 Sep found a great lab the is approved but u have to pay well worth it though tested in the morning had results by 1230pm then Monday the 21st five days prior submitted my travel authorization early that morning uploaded the results yes I sent a picture guess that is not good . Been waiting and stressing hoping I would have my approval Wednesday but still nothing . Thank god for the guy who wrote about the WhatsApp number on this forum 630 am I sent my message and was praying and praying they responded quickly said they would look into it they understood my anxiety and said they were advising hundreds of people on there at the same time but they would have an update definitely today . After a couple hours of waiting I get the email approval and I thanked them profusely they were very nice but it was so much stress waiting but now I am so excited Jamaica here I come !!
    Thanks for sharing. I haven't seen the WhatsApp number, do you know which thread it's on?? Or could you send it to me?? We take our test on next Tuesday there is 6 of us coming down. I've been compiling all the email address and phone numbers I can for when we submit our travel authorizations on the 3rd.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •