Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tablets for students

User Info Menu

Tablets for students

I understand that students are doing their studies from home. What is the best way to get a tablet to a student in Negril?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Tablets for students

Many Jamaican businesses are donating tablets to schools. This has become a national priority. Possibly contact one of them to see if they can arrange for a tablet to be given to the student of your choice.

The only other ways would be 1) bring it down yourself or 2) send it DHL which will probably make the receiver pay duty and cost you over US$100 to send it.

There really is no convenient way at present.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Probably the best way to get a tablet to someone would be to call the Yellow Computer Store and buy one over the phone. Your student friend could then pick it up there and have some instruction on its use right from the seller. Win-win for a Negril retailer and student.

https://www.yellowscomputerworks.com/ 876-957-9543

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    Probably the best way to get a tablet to someone would be to call the Yellow Computer Store and buy one over the phone. Your student friend could then pick it up there and have some instruction on its use right from the seller. Win-win for a Negril retailer and student.

https://www.yellowscomputerworks.com/ 876-957-9543

User Info Menu

Listen to the Rob!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Just another question on tablets for students. My understanding is that some teachers are sending school work through WhatsApp. How do the students get the information from the phone to their tablet?

Administrator

User Info Menu

By using the WhatsApp app for the tablet or laptop. It can be found in the tablets' app store.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Father Jim at Mary gate of Heaven Catholic Church on The Beach Road is also someone who is collecting and distributing tablets to kids that need them. He's got his finger on the pulse of the need in our Negril community because of his involvement at the Negril soup kitchen. actually I know of a kid right now in Peewee Lane that's looking for a tablet to do his studies. If anybody wants to contact Father Jim you can do it through the Facebook page, Mary gate of Heaven Catholic Church. He's somebody that's more than trustworthy when it comes to making sure that items go to people that are truly in need, no corruption at all.

User Info Menu

Father Jim...
    Jim Bok <jimbok@franciscan.org>

Additionally, I was told by Father Jim several years ago that the fastest way to send funds to him is to do it thru the Franciscan website and specify for Mary Heavens Gate and Father Jim.
    Last edited by jamaicajeanne; 01-27-2021 at 03:36 PM.

User Info Menu

I sent Amazon Fire 7 tablets to the Negril Education Environment Trust’s NEET) tablet program 2 weeks ago. They have a tablet program for children that meet at Travellers Beach Resort, Negril. I sent the tablets to NEET c/o Dennis Shipping Co. 1124 Utica Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11203. They ship barrels of goods to NEET.