Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Visitors Welcome!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Visitors Welcome!

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Visitors Welcome!

There is a lot of confusing information about how Jamaicans feel about tourists visiting the island. Since there have been some recent spikes around the island (none at all in the tourist Resilient Corridor), Jamaicans as a whole are taking Covid more seriously. The majority of these recent spikes have come from returning residents so Jamaicans do not fear having tourists around anymore than anyone else. Tourists have not been a problem.

The Ministry of Health has told the populace to just assume everyone you encounter has the virus. We are now in a state of learning to live with Covid. Life must go on. Masks, sanitizing and social distancing are things all should adhere to - when you come to visit, please follow the protocols.

Both the Ministries of Heath and Tourism spend countless hours a week to determine what is best for the country. The borders and tourism is open for a reason.

Of course you are Welcome!!!

User Info Menu

Well, from everything I have seen and read, and folks I have actually spoken with, I do think they want us, the problem is the protocols. I just saw today, where someone was suppose to go tomorrow, and they still did not get their authorization form. I have also heard many who are either freaking out because they either cannot find a place to get their test, or again, worried about getting the results back in time. I know Jamaica wants and needs to do what is best for both their citizens, and tourists, but they really have to go one way or another with keeping such stringent protocols . Contrary to what many say ( insert eye roll )...this virus is just not going to disappear in six weeks.... it is going to be around for awhile. The Government has to decide if they want the numbers they need to get the economy on the upswing, to make it a lot less confusing to be able to come. Just My Opinion !!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    Well, from everything I have seen and read, and folks I have actually spoken with, I do think they want us, the problem is the protocols. I just saw today, where someone was suppose to go tomorrow, and they still did not get their authorization form. I have also heard many who are either freaking out because they either cannot find a place to get their test, or again, worried about getting the results back in time. I know Jamaica wants and needs to do what is best for both their citizens, and tourists, but they really have to go one way or another with keeping such stringent protocols . Contrary to what many say ( insert eye roll )...this virus is just not going to disappear in six weeks.... it is going to be around for awhile. The Government has to decide if they want the numbers they need to get the economy on the upswing, to make it a lot less confusing to be able to come. Just My Opinion !!!
    I do know some of the problems are that the results need to be uploaded in PDF format. People have been sending in screen shots which apparently cause a problem processing.