Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: James Bond Jamaican Rum

Administrator

User Info Menu

James Bond Jamaican Rum

Great article even if you don't like rum!

https://www.caribjournal.com/2020/09...um-james-bond/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: James Bond Jamaican Rum

Don't waste your money on Blackwell's Rum. It's totally over priced ****e!! Rob are you getting a cut pimping it??

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Don't waste your money on Blackwell's Rum. It's totally over priced ****e!! Rob are you getting a cut pimping it??
    I don't know what your issue is, the article is mostly about the new James Bond movie.

Maybe reading the article would help...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Great article! We would really like to stay at Goldeneye one day. Had planned to spend a week touring the island this winter but it looks like we’ll have to wait another year for that.

User Info Menu

Blackwell rum is awesome!
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

I purchased some Blackwell rum on one of my trips and it went down really well. Can't wait to try this version.

User Info Menu

First, full disclosure, I've tried Blackwell's at the insistence of a Jamaican friend who swears by it, but I don't really care for it. As I understand it, it's made using what's called the "single pot" distillery method as opposed to the blended and barrel aged process.
    I'd be interested in hearing from folks who know more about this.

User Info Menu

ol'yardie, I have over 50 years experience and I am sticking to Appleton & JB. Tried the Blackwell but it is not for me. Cheers!

User Info Menu

I believe it is just a standard Wray and Nephew product with a Blackwell brand slapped on it. I tried it. I didn't much care for it. I don't have a lot of good thoughts about Chris Blackwell and his contribution to Jamaica.

JMO
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.