Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tough Times To Book Travel

User Info Menu

Tough Times To Book Travel

I am one of those guys (as I'm sure many of you are also) who enjoys immensely booking my own Jamaican trip. From selecting which place to stay, airport and flight times , and then our transfers to and from MBJ and Negril. There is always an anticipation, an "I can't wait" feeling in the air, even after 30 trips, I still get goosebumps and get a bit silly as the trip gets closer and closer. This whole process is not only fun, it also is quite satisfying when it all works out, as it always has.
    This reach however, is getting a bit nerve racking. I have canceled one trip already, and hopefully will not have to cancel our November reach. The airline has changed the flight details, and probably will do it again. Our booked hotel is still not on the covid compliant list. After contacting our primary care physicians, they can't guarantee I'll get test results in time to board our flight. As careful as we are ,there's always a chance my wife and I could get infected before our departure date..
    Departure is still 48 days away, and I am going to stay as positive as I possibly can. A lot can happen in that time. The Jamaica tourist board may change the entry protocols. The covid outbreak could get worse, everywhere, I doubt it could get better. Flights could get canceled. So many unknowns, no wonder we're all a bit on edge.
    I guess all I'm doing is venting a bit because I really want to go on this trip, and for the first time ever, I'm not 100% sure it's going to happen. But
    If all goes well, I'll be drinking a cold Red Stripe with doobie in hand on the beach November 15th, soon come!

User Info Menu

Re: Tough Times To Book Travel

I understand how you feel. We are at 38 days we are lucky our hotel is on the certified list. Getting our test at the health department my friend got her results in 2 days. We had to cancel our April trip but have high hopes to be in Negril Nov. 7th!

User Info Menu

I too enjoy making my own travel arrangements. After booking my flight I decided not to make the trip this year. As it turned out, the airline [WJ] cancelled my flight anyway. I contacted WJ to discuss my options and for the first time ever they were quite rude on the phone. More like what you would expect from AC. I guess everyone is under a lot of stress these days. Difficult time to travel.

User Info Menu

good luck phineas. keep us posted.
    btw i got a collection of freak bros comic books i am looking to cash in

User Info Menu

I live in Wisconsin and as such I do not think it is responsible for us to travel anywhere right now. Sorry JA but Wisconsin is in a world of hurt right now.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Airswift, I don’t like hearing that about WJ. We are still holding out hope we can fly in December but as days go by we worry more about flights happening. We have about 30 days till we have to decide. As you know with Canadian Airlines. We only get credits not refunds which does suck in these crazy times. Fingers crossed we can see our Jamaican friends.
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

User Info Menu

If you can fly Sat. or Sun. you might be ok. [might]. It's the flights thru the week that are being cancelled. If they cancel your flight they say you have the option of a refund but you don't, only a credit. Your credit card co. will go after them because you were charged for a service you never received but it takes a few months. Not a good situation.

User Info Menu

Same situation here after 17 trips with no problems.Now we are faced with getting the test results back and then approved in time to fly and we are cut a day short as we have to travel to Atlanta the day before we fly to get to our park and fly hotel.If all goes as planned we will see you all on the beach on November 18th!!

User Info Menu

Airswift, we are supposed to fly on a Friday and return on a Saturday. We could goto a Saturday to Saturday but seems so short especially coming from the west. Plus we need to get to Toronto first.

Fingers crossed!
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

User Info Menu

stonyplainclint, Keep checking their web site, flights Toronto to Mobay and you will see if they are continuing to cancel Fri flights. Hard decision.