Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tough Times To Book Travel

User Info Menu

Re: Tough Times To Book Travel

Airswift, thanks for the heads up. I actually had called WJ last week to try to get some more information, the flights that I am looking at for Friday in December are only at 20% capacity right now. Looks like they are funnelling us to Saturday and Sunday flights. At least those have been going, so I might have to readjust come November once I see their latest update. Still holding out hope that the Calgary directs will happen, fingers crossed.
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stonyplainclint View Post
    Airswift, thanks for the heads up. I actually had called WJ last week to try to get some more information, the flights that I am looking at for Friday in December are only at 20% capacity right now. Looks like they are funnelling us to Saturday and Sunday flights. At least those have been going, so I might have to readjust come November once I see their latest update. Still holding out hope that the Calgary directs will happen, fingers crossed.
    Met some folks from the west who took the red eye to TO and picked up ws2702 south. Not the best but doable. Not sure about your return with the 14 day and the connecting flight. Good luck.

User Info Menu

Airswift, that is what we usually do our of Edmonton. Midnight run and then 2702. This year it’s harder to do, thus Calgary might be the way to get that connection. But there is a slight chance of that direct via Calgary. The airlines have jacked our flight via Toronto which is a head shaker.

Soon come is still in our future though.
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stonyplainclint View Post
    Airswift, that is what we usually do our of Edmonton. Midnight run and then 2702. This year it’s harder to do, thus Calgary might be the way to get that connection. But there is a slight chance of that direct via Calgary. The airlines have jacked our flight via Toronto which is a head shaker.

Soon come is still in our future though.
    Hope it works out. I gave up this year. If you get there have a stripe for me. Again, not sure about the 14 day requirement if you have a connecting flight on your return.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    Hope it works out. I gave up this year. If you get there have a stripe for me. Again, not sure about the 14 day requirement if you have a connecting flight on your return.
    Airswift...
    When you arrive in Canada at your airport hub... you'll remain in the airport, masked etc until your connecting flight.

If you arrive home the same day...assuming you have no symptoms...you'll be required to self isolate in one place for 14 days.

If you have to over night... you'll follow the required precautions to your hotel and the same on your return.

The 14 day count starts on the day of your arrival into Canada.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Airswift...
    When you arrive in Canada at your airport hub... you'll remain in the airport, masked etc until your connecting flight.

If you arrive home the same day...assuming you have no symptoms...you'll be required to self isolate in one place for 14 days.

If you have to over night... you'll follow the required precautions to your hotel and the same on your return.

The 14 day count starts on the day of your arrival into Canada.
    Thanks Lisa. Stay Safe