I am one of those guys (as I'm sure many of you are also) who enjoys immensely booking my own Jamaican trip. From selecting which place to stay, airport and flight times , and then our transfers to and from MBJ and Negril. There is always an anticipation, an "I can't wait" feeling in the air, even after 30 trips, I still get goosebumps and get a bit silly as the trip gets closer and closer. This whole process is not only fun, it also is quite satisfying when it all works out, as it always has.
This reach however, is getting a bit nerve racking. I have canceled one trip already, and hopefully will not have to cancel our November reach. The airline has changed the flight details, and probably will do it again. Our booked hotel is still not on the covid compliant list. After contacting our primary care physicians, they can't guarantee I'll get test results in time to board our flight. As careful as we are ,there's always a chance my wife and I could get infected before our departure date..
Departure is still 48 days away, and I am going to stay as positive as I possibly can. A lot can happen in that time. The Jamaica tourist board may change the entry protocols. The covid outbreak could get worse, everywhere, I doubt it could get better. Flights could get canceled. So many unknowns, no wonder we're all a bit on edge.
I guess all I'm doing is venting a bit because I really want to go on this trip, and for the first time ever, I'm not 100% sure it's going to happen. But
If all goes well, I'll be drinking a cold Red Stripe with doobie in hand on the beach November 15th, soon come!