Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Where can you get a good steak

User Info Menu

Where can you get a good steak

Pork , lobster, snapper , of course chicken , how about a good strip or filet ?

User Info Menu

Re: Where can you get a good steak

I think it depends on your definition of "Good". Have heard people say good things about Seastar.

User Info Menu

Good luck with that. Places like Ivan’s, Blue Mahoe, Miss Lilly’s, etc. do have it in the menu. Steak (and most beef) is something we tend to avoid in Jamaica. Although I do love ox tail I haven’t ever had a steak that meets the standards I’m used to. The seafood and chicken are so good I don’t miss beef!!

User Info Menu

Xtabi has a great marinated steak kebab.

Administrator

User Info Menu

There are excellent cuts of beef available in Jamaica now, even Angus. My suggestion would be to call in advance to Charela (La Vendome), Xtabi, Seastar or Tensing Pen and ask how the good their beef selection is that day. Right now places do not have the traffic to keep everything in stock every day as well as extra expenditures on restaurant covid measures. (They can run into the millions of Jamaican dollars)

Explain that you are looking for an excellent cut of beef and see what they suggest. If they don't have quality available, they will let you know and suggest something else.

If you just have a beef craving that simply will not go away, there is always Chicken Lavish with their pot roast beef that has been simmering all day and you can cut it with a fork. With the heavy gravy, you will at least get your beef fix.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I once had the steak at Sea Star and it may have been one of the best steaks I have ever had. I'm not talking about just Jamaica, I'm talking even better than home but it still can be hit and miss. The last time I walked into Sea Star Chris met me as I was sitting down and he said the prime rib roast was really good tonight, and sure enough it was. I'd try Sea Star first for a good steak. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to ask, "how's the beef today".

User Info Menu

That’s my experience, it’s the best steak I’ve ever had, not Jamaica but anywhere. We love Smith and Lewinsky’s in New York City.Now that’s good steak. It’s always around $300 US for the two of us, But that’s good steak. At CSA The steak is the best I’ve ever had. I don’t understand why I don’t know where it comes from it must come from Argentina? I find myself coming back to the US and lookingFor the best butcher and Best cuts but can’t come close to the steak I get in Jamaica. CSA serves it every night every year consistently. I’m gonna say it “I can’t wait to get back to Negril so that I can have the best steak in the world” Of course there’s lots of other reasons I’m looking forward to coming back also

User Info Menu

Csa ?????......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
    Csa ?????......
    Couples Swept Away

User Info Menu

Thx