Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: The Travel Authorization system seems to be working

User Info Menu

The Travel Authorization system seems to be working

We took our Covid PCR tests on Monday (9 days out), got the results (from an accredited lab of course) back on Wednesday at noon and completed our application and uploaded the results Thursday morning (5 days out, the earliest you can do it). MOH says they will answer within 2 days but when 3 days passed, we emailed the support team, gave them our confirmation numbers and had our Travel Authorizations within about 30 minutes.

We've also basically self-quarantined since our tests on Monday, going out only for necessities and always masked so as not to run any risk of anything jeopardizing the success of this much needed trip to Negril.

Countdown has begun....

I hope everyone's experience is so smooth.

I am fairly impressed with what Jamaica is doing in this regard.

User Info Menu

Re: The Travel Authorization system seems to be working

Thanks for sharing the experience, we have to go through the same thing next month. Please let us know how things work out with travel and arrival. I hope you have a fantastic vacation!!

User Info Menu

Re: The Travel Authorization system seems to be working

ours was smooth as well. We took our covid test 9 days out at an accredited lab, results back within 24 hrs. Friday afternoon we submitted our travel authorizations, 5 days out and we received our travel authorizations back yesterday about 3 pm. We didn't need to contact anyone, however our TA did ask for our information to track our progress. Wheels up Wednesday morning, then home sweet home!! YA MON!!