Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Part 5 This and That

User Info Menu

~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Part 5 This and That

Trip to town - stop at hardware store and straight across I spy a place I just gotta try soon for food.....

Lots of shapes/sizes of trucks by the store and kinda cool that folks just sit in front and relax.....no talking jus sitting....

Sea has been choppy most days I have been here far West End so haven't gotten in the sea yet but soon very soon. Swam at the beach and pool here but gotta get to snorkeling......it is so beautiful its like torture not jumping in.

May head to the beach today, thinking of Seastar tomorrow night and definately Jerkfest at 3Dives on Sunday.....but as I found out last night....plans don't always work out so I am jus gonna ride the wave man (lol) Have a blessed day all.

Name:  006.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  89.9 KB
    Name:  003.JPG
Views: 407
Size:  90.6 KB
    Name:  004.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  46.3 KB
    Name:  023.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  84.7 KB
    Name:  025.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  48.7 KB
    Name:  029.JPG
Views: 393
Size:  97.2 KB
    Name:  032.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  49.7 KB
    Name:  036.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  89.8 KB
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Nice!!-Thanks for the on site report!!-Guess what your team won last night-Da Horns beat the Aggies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

ANANCY - the sign at the restaurant caught my attention. Almost every Jamaican child is familar with anancy stories - I remember buying a book of anancy stories in JA years ago and reading the book with groups of local children - the kids woud be entertained for hours (and they entertained me right back reenacting and discussisng the stories). Zoom forward to the internet age ... now you can view them on DVD as well. Here is one I found on the internet, and a link to information about buying DVD's/books.

Anancy and Common Sense
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gspma7DCIaM

http://www.anancy-stories.com/index.php

User Info Menu

Nice pictures Sweetness! Gonna have to check out that place to nyam across from the hardware store. Quite frankly, I always love to go in the Hardware store and check everything out. One year, we got a really good deal on a cooler there. Actually surprised me! Don't you just hate it when the sea angry!! Got to be sure and go out snorkeling with Vincent..he is truly awesome! If you do tell him Sharon soon come in mid December. Keep enjoying and post away...you are helping me survive!!

User Info Menu

Nice pics Sweetness...thanks for sharing!!

User Info Menu

Thanks all for replying.....glad you are enjoying my slice of JA.

BC - LOVE your story and thank you for posting the link. Perfect timing - I am heading out to finally connect with my likkle boys to come and hang out and I can go online with them and read it. Amazing how blessings come........

Sunset After the Dark - is the place that is rumored to have the best juicy burger in town (or one of the best....Seastar is another contender.) And poolguy posted tequila lobster he had there yesterday and WOW it looked good. A mus do!!!!!

So I am not used to having a housekeeper - I have been single and self sufficient a long time now so I feel awkward when they come on Fridays - but I join in a bit and put music on and get them some juice and ask questions and we laugh and all is OK. I keep it pretty clean each day so not much to do and I HAVE to have a broom to sweep each day (something I love to do in JA)....sing and sweep.....

.....to be continued.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

good stuff .... have you had a chance yet to enjoy the rock pool?

User Info Menu

Yes Gerry - the rock pool is amazing - just perfect size and depth - and the view....well you know........
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Ya, it's amazing. BTW, have you seen my friend in this pic, I am hoping he still works at Westender Inn. Great guy. (Sweetness, he is the one on the left, lol)

Name:  negril batch six 011.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  46.7 KB

User Info Menu

Hey Sweetness I really hope to see you tonight at Seastar..and all other boardies who will be there as well..I'm the big woman walking around in her bathing suit still, lol!