Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clarification on new travel rules starting October 10

User Info Menu

Re: Clarification on new travel rules starting October 10

Sent two emails to JTB support via visitjamaica.com, sent text via WhatsApp to number provided in this forum, no response as yet.

Prime Minister spoke before Parliament Tuesday providing the changes to testing requirements. Beginning Saturday Oct 10 uploading test results is not required, must bring a copy with you to present at airport. Travel authorizations are still required.

Hoping I receive approval by midnight tomorrow October 9, otherwise looks like I will need to cancel my vacay. Life is funny sometimes, never know what may happen. Keeping positive vibes and hoping for the best!

User Info Menu

As of 2am October 9, the JTB website is still showing that a Travel Authorization is REQUIRED!

I tried to submit another application just now, as my original application submitted Oct 5 still shows pending and the website response is that it is TOO LATE to submit another application for a travel date of October 10; NOT ENOUGH TIME TO PROCESS process your application.

So now I retest and resubmit and go at a later date or just cancel! This is simply too much hassle!

Administrator

User Info Menu

There is much conflicting information on the JTB website. The dates are now showing October 10 to 31 as expected and the antigen test is mentioned on the main page. No mention of uploading the results.

But the Travel Authorization requirement is still there and the Travel Authorization page makes no mention of the antigen test AND still requires uploading of the PCR test.

There has been no new DRM as of this time, so by law, it would seem that nothing has changed.

Perhaps the website(s) just haven't been updated yet, but it is equally likely that the government caught flack from the Ministry of Health and is walking back the proposed changes. Either way, this is utter frustration for our visitors to have to go through.

I will be making calls today to see if some light can be shed on what is happening.

Sandytoes, the government said that they had caught up with all the approvals and would process all applications in two days. Obviously this is not the case. I do know people who have gotten the approval the day before travel, so maybe wait until noon or so before cancelling. But if you want to cancel now, it is completely understandable and you should not be in this position in the first place.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandytoes View Post
    As of 2am October 9, the JTB website is still showing that a Travel Authorization is REQUIRED!

I tried to submit another application just now, as my original application submitted Oct 5 still shows pending and the website response is that it is TOO LATE to submit another application for a travel date of October 10; NOT ENOUGH TIME TO PROCESS process your application.

So now I retest and resubmit and go at a later date or just cancel! This is simply too much hassle!
    Sandytoes...just to clarify...is your original application from October 5th still showing as pending?
    If your October 5th application is still pending....I would keep texting or phoning until I get a response.
    Hoping for the best for you!!

User Info Menu

Bnewb,

Yes my original application submitted Oct 5 still shows pending. At 4am this morning I email MOHW requesting approval. Flight leaves tomorrow! Very frustrating to say the least.

At 4:30 I received a response from JTB apologizing for the delayed processing. The representative stated he has asked for expedited review and approval.

I retired last week and planned to stay in JA for an extended period of time, not your normal vacation period.

Very annoying to not get a response/approval after following ALL requirements and just hours from scheduled departure.

Sure hope things get better/smoother for Travellers planning to come during high season. Sigh!

User Info Menu

Called 3 times no answer at MOHW 876.633.7433 as posted on their website. Sent email at early this morning; no reply as yet.

JTB 876.542.6006 recorded message they are not accepting calls.

Application status still shows pending.

User Info Menu

Just received travel authorization!!! 😎🇯🇲🌴🍺

One love!

User Info Menu

Glad to hear you got it,that's cutting it to close!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandytoes View Post
    Just received travel authorization!!! 😎🇯🇲🌴🍺

One love!
    So happy for you!!
    Enjoy!

User Info Menu

That is great news!! I will be a nervous wreck if the same thing happens to us next month. I really appreciate you keeping us informed of the details of your authorization. Have a fantastic trip and please post pictures!