Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clarification on new travel rules starting October 10

Administrator

User Info Menu

Clarification on new travel rules starting October 10

There is a lot of discussion about the new travel rules coming up October 10. The JTB website has been updated only to the extent that it now shows October 9 instead of October 6. No other wording has changed there.

The reason for this is that the next DRM (Disaster Risk Management) will be order number 14 and has not yet been drafted. But starting October 10th, it will be much easier to travel to Jamaica.

Travelers from high risk countries and/or areas are still required to pre-test negative before boarding their flight. PCR and the faster and cheaper antigen tests will both be permissible based on WHO/PAHO guidelines. This should make testing much easier.

You will NOT need to upload it before you travel, but simply present it along with your other travel authorization documents (passports, tickets, etc.) when you check in. You will not be allowed to board without a negative test no more than you could without a passport.

These measures should be in place from October 10th to October 31st.

The automatic Covid health insurance is still in final negotiation stage which explains the lack of details. It should be a major game changer for Jamaican tourism and the Jamaican health system. If finalized by November 1st, then that will require a new DRM order number 15 to be drafted.

We are still waiting on the actual wording of DRM 14, so until then, this is as much as we can know.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Clarification on new travel rules starting October 10

Thanks Rob for bringing us the current info with as much clarity that’s available. Gives me hope that we may be able to come home sometime soon. Stay safe, love to you and Lisa!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

I am still hoping the new rules will allow me to stay at more than one hotel during a month long vacation. irie vibes

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob,looks much easier for us to take care of for the Thanksgiving getaway!!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the information. I happen to the traveling on the 10th, uploaded my negative test results Monday. Still waiting on Pre-travel authorization from JA govt. Is the authorization form still required going forward? A bit concerned I haven’t received it!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Sandytoes,

You are right on the new policy date. You are not required to have any Travel Authorization so I doubt you will get one.

Go to the JTB website and ask them directly. I think that you are good to go.

User Info Menu

Unable to get through to tourist board. Received email from AA stating Travellers must complete travel authorization form online, which I have done. States nothing about having to show the form at check in. Sigh! Hopefully if proof of completion is needed, it will arrive in time to make my flight.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandytoes View Post
    Unable to get through to tourist board. Received email from AA stating Travellers must complete travel authorization form online, which I have done. States nothing about having to show the form at check in. Sigh! Hopefully if proof of completion is needed, it will arrive in time to make my flight.
    Why are you unable to get through, here is the link.

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

Scroll down until you see this:

Name:  Screenshot_20201007-190803_Chrome.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  236.2 KB

Fill it out and ask them. They are the JTB. AA may not be giving you the correct information. Go to the source and receive the updated information.

User Info Menu

Thank you Rob.
    Emailed JTB support team.