Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta flights from Atlanta to MBJ

User Info Menu

Delta flights from Atlanta to MBJ

Anyone flown Delta from Atlanta to MBJ lately and if so how did it go? We were booked with Southwest for November 18th but heard from others in our group that their flights were changed already and some more then once.After contacting them they emailed us that yes our outbound flight was canceled and we had been moved to the 19th.That's great service when you have to contact them to find out about changes.We can book Delta for our days if we book soon because days around our date are full. Any info would be a help in making this decision!

User Info Menu

Re: Delta flights from Atlanta to MBJ

The airlines are making things hard for us all.

User Info Menu

We generally fly Delta from Oklahoma and are scheduled to arrive in 30 days on Delta. Minor timing change communicated by email from Delta last week, but no cancellation. We were in Jamaica in July and, we generally fly in and out mid-week, but Delta was cancelling those flights and Saturday was the only day we could find a flight back out. That was right after Jamaica had opened the country and tourist travel was very light so the cancellations had a lot of moving parts to the decision. Historically, we've been very happy with Delta's service.

User Info Menu

Thank you,we booked with them,it's a direct flight and i spoke with a representative and she said if they cancel we get a full refund.

User Info Menu

We flew Delta to MBJ through ATL last Tuesday and returned home via ATL yesterday. Every flight left exactly on time and the Delta personnel were wonderful. Delta is one of the few, if not the only, airlines to continue their policy of blocking all middle seats and it really makes the entire boarding and deplaning process so much easier.

The only challenge in our trip was the health assessment in the Sangster airport upon arrival last Tuesday. We were just about the first couple off of our plane but another plane or two had already arrived and the line of people, jam packed together standing with their Club MoBay expeditor (they were great but could not help you avoid this line), took us about 50 minutes to get through. I would assume people at the back of our plane must have waiting 1.5 or more hours to get through this line in a very hot, un-ventilated hallway that was never meant to hold long lines of people standing. For a Country that seems to be doing a great job dealing with this pandemic, forcing hundreds of incoming passengers to stand next to each other like this seems the opposite of what you would want.

User Info Menu

We were hoping Tuesday and Thursday flights would lead to less crowds in Mobay but it appears that isn't true.Oh well,once we land we are there and we will get out of the airport sooner or latter and get our cold Stripes at the Groovy Grouper!!

User Info Menu

groovy grouper ???

User Info Menu

From Mpls we fly through Atlanta on Delta. Always on time and rarely an issue. The one time we had a problem it was resolved and the compensation miles were in my account before we boarded our connection. Delta is always my first choice.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MattDinSC View Post
    We flew Delta to MBJ through ATL last Tuesday and returned home via ATL yesterday. Every flight left exactly on time and the Delta personnel were wonderful. Delta is one of the few, if not the only, airlines to continue their policy of blocking all middle seats and it really makes the entire boarding and deplaning process so much easier.

The only challenge in our trip was the health assessment in the Sangster airport upon arrival last Tuesday. We were just about the first couple off of our plane but another plane or two had already arrived and the line of people, jam packed together standing with their Club MoBay expeditor (they were great but could not help you avoid this line), took us about 50 minutes to get through. I would assume people at the back of our plane must have waiting 1.5 or more hours to get through this line in a very hot, un-ventilated hallway that was never meant to hold long lines of people standing. For a Country that seems to be doing a great job dealing with this pandemic, forcing hundreds of incoming passengers to stand next to each other like this seems the opposite of what you would want.
    I experienced the same issue/concern....hour standing there before getting to anyone to discuss process. They entered my age wrong, category and had nothing but issues with my return. People were uninformed and frustrated. I opted to take the season off due to the pandemic and lack of consistency. I will be back in USA for now. Nurse Beth

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    groovy grouper ???
    Right outside the transport hall to your right. Where you meet your driver. Red Stripes and patties. Always my first stop.