Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North and South Corridors

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: North and South Corridors

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    I am coming as a tourist, staying in Negril, but interested in excursions in the southern corridor.
    Barb,

You have no issues, Browns is in a rather different situation, trying to get his car licensed, insured, etc.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    Thank you, I did see that. It wasn’t so much a question about split stays. As you move from one corridor to the other and stay in whichever one your are residing. It was more, if I am staying in Negril, can I do excursions in the south corridor.
    Yes you can. You have to visit Covid Resilient certified entities and travel in Authorized JTB transportation.

User Info Menu

I have the same question. I gave up my residency years ago so I travel as a tourist 6 or more times a year. .
    Linston is still a red plate and I have my own vehicle. Zion Hill is not in a corridor and I would like to go to Sav also. I'm thinking of a quick 7 days as soon as it can be done. ( I haven't been home in over a year due to health issues and now the virus) Not sure where I fit in the system.

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    I have the same question. I gave up my residency years ago so I travel as a tourist 6 or more times a year. .
    Linston is still a red plate and I have my own vehicle. Zion Hill is not in a corridor and I would like to go to Sav also. I'm thinking of a quick 7 days as soon as it can be done. ( I haven't been home in over a year due to health issues and now the virus) Not sure where I fit in the system.

Cap
    Cap,

Being out of the Corridor, you would have to quarantine for 14 days. They have not fully updated the Traveler Categories, but most rules would still apply.

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travela...er-categories/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Are you staying in an approved Covid Resilient property?
    We are at The Point Village Rob. It's a gray area as to if it is covid resilient property. It's in the resilient zone but all the suites are privately owned. I did email the M.O.T. and was told The Point Village is an approved location. I'm not sure how that happened but I'm not going to question it. An inspector was there many weeks ago.

So the question still stands. Sorry this has to come to you but a lot of information from the government is a little foggy and some is even conflicting. We can move freely from the north resilient zone to the south resilient zone. So here is the question, can we, using a certified red plate driver, go to Sav and due business there (and check out the clamato situation), can we?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    We are at The Point Village Rob. It's a gray area as to if it is covid resilient property. It's in the resilient zone but all the suites are privately owned. I did email the M.O.T. and was told The Point Village is an approved location. I'm not sure how that happened but I'm not going to question it. An inspector was there many weeks ago.

So the question still stands. Sorry this has to come to you but a lot of information from the government is a little foggy and some is even conflicting. We can move freely from the north resilient zone to the south resilient zone. So here is the question, can we, using a certified red plate driver, go to Sav and due business there (and check out the clamato situation), can we?
    Great news that the Point is certified. Sav is in the Corridor heading to the southcoast so you should be fine as long as you take a JTB certified red plate. Hire a JTB driver for the day and have them take you to get your papers in order and check out the Clamato situation!

User Info Menu

....and of course thinks can change real quick. Thanks Rob. An Icy cold Red Stripe will be on me the next time I see you. 25 days and counting.

User Info Menu

brownsd54 that's very interesting.

If you look at the Visit Jamaica website only Apt 194 at Point Village is listed as approved. No where else on the website does it say anything about Point Village.