Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: How we made: Cool Runnings, the comedy classic about the Jamaica bobsled team

User Info Menu

How we made: Cool Runnings, the comedy classic about the Jamaica bobsled team

User Info Menu

Re: How we made: Cool Runnings, the comedy classic about the Jamaica bobsled team

Love that movie!!

User Info Menu

Re: How we made: Cool Runnings, the comedy classic about the Jamaica bobsled team

We actually met Doug E. Doug AKA. Sanka. On our second visit to Jamaica in 1994 we decided to split our trip and spent the first week at Sea Castles in MoBay. Doug E. Doug was there too and we had a nice talk. He talked with such a strong New York accent it was hard to believe it was the same guy. Just lasted a few minutes as he ran away when a crowd started to form. Guess he was on vacation too.

Every time I watch that movie there is something else I pick up on, some little small detail about Jamaica. The last time I watched it, I was concentrating on them running the wheeled cart down the hill with John Candy running after them because they beat the 5 second push start mark. The cart runs into a JCF vehicle and the policeman says, "mon, you run into my police unit". The emblem on the side of the police car said "Jamaican Constabulary Force- Sandy Bay Division". Thought that was kinda cool. I look at that ridge every time we we pass by. It's about half way between Grand Palladium and Sandy Bay

User Info Menu

I could watch this movie over and over.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

March 2013....We met the team in MoBay at the Airport.....nice guys...Name:  Bobsled Team Airport.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  244.5 KB
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning