Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Quarantine accomodations

User Info Menu

Quarantine accomodations

My husband and I will be there in early March. I wonder if anyone has had to quarantine due to a positive test when ready to head home. Where did you have to stay, and were you able to get food, etc. fairly easily?

I ask because what I found on the US Embassy in Jamaica site says there may be issues with these things and you will be under surveillance.

Thanks!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Quarantine accomodations

Quote Originally Posted by purplelvr View Post
    My husband and I will be there in early March. I wonder if anyone has had to quarantine due to a positive test when ready to head home. Where did you have to stay, and were you able to get food, etc. fairly easily?

I ask because what I found on the US Embassy in Jamaica site says there may be issues with these things and you will be under surveillance.

Thanks!
    Virtually everyone in Negril has so far quarantined in their hotel. Food would be from the restaurant kitchen.

And of course you would be under watch, it is too easy to skip out of the room. And visitors have tried it on several occasions, blindly believing them has proven to be a lost cause.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

And as of today, there are zero people in government quarantine facilities. Can't get any lower than that.

User Info Menu

Thank you, that makes me feel much better.
    So I assume staying in our hotel is dependent on if they have availability, right? So we may have to find a new hotel?

Thanks for the info!

Administrator

User Info Menu

I am assuming that you mean quarantine room availability.

Every hotel on the Travel Authorization listing must have quarantine rooms available. That is a requirement for certification. And if they happen to all be used (unlikely) then they have agreements with other hotels to settle positive visitors there.

If by chance you are not staying at an approved property, testing positive could mean testing and possible quarantine for most of the employees, potentially leading to a temporary closure of that non certified property.

Another reason to not stay at a non Covid Resilient certified property...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I am assuming that you mean quarantine room availability.

Every hotel on the Travel Authorization listing must have quarantine rooms available. That is a requirement for certification. And if they happen to all be used (unlikely) then they have agreements with other hotels to settle positive visitors there.

If by chance you are not staying at an approved property, testing positive could mean testing and possible quarantine for most of the employees, potentially leading to a temporary closure of that non certified property.

Another reason to not stay at a non Covid Resilient certified property...
    I thought I was keeping up on all this but I did not know that certified properties had to keep quarantine rooms open! Very reassuring - thanks Rob!

User Info Menu

When quarantined, do you have to pay for the room? And if you do, is it at a reduced cost? I assume you would have to pay for your meals. But it would get awful expensive to have to pay for the room while quarantined.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sasmith View Post
    When quarantined, do you have to pay for the room? And if you do, is it at a reduced cost? I assume you would have to pay for your meals. But it would get awful expensive to have to pay for the room while quarantined.
    It's at your expense. Get travel insurance with a covid clause. I used Allianz.