Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: First Trip Thoughts........

User Info Menu

First Trip Thoughts........

Negril Jamaica..1984......early morning hours Westend Rd...Farmer down from the mountains, selling his crops............

you can always sleep when your dead right? lol

back in our first trips we would manage to make.... 3 maybe 4 days, on maybe 4hrs total for sleep....like you, love the sunrise, breakfast, and the start of things moving 'round...smells that are not around any other part of the day.......

we use to love the "Sunset Rush".... all the cars, buses and trucks heading for the west end.....then later the big buses would head back first...the cars
    in small groups of two or three would start to trickle back and it was time for the Island to change its "Vibe" so to say........

night would come, and later a whole new set of noises and smells...moonrise and set, who could miss those??

there was no time for sleep then, just livin every moment to the fullest, as every day was different in so many ways.............only the "educated" could perceive those changes I think?

now, many less surprises await us when we travel to Negril.......if only each and every trip would hold the wonders that we experienced on our first...

sad, how Father Time can remove the mystique of memories

still missing the first......and the last

Rambo n CoComando Name:  donkey cart  west end rd  am vegtables 1984.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  1,006.1 KB
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Re: First Trip Thoughts........

Very nice, I and I spent our first year (1984) in Jamaica back then, yes things sure do change.

Bless.

BikerMike

User Info Menu

Yep. 1983 for me and my wife. I know just what you're saying about those days. BTW where was the photo taken? Looks a little like the fence at Citronella with what is now LTU Gardens across the road.

User Info Menu

We stayed at a private home, woman by the name of Dorthy owned, her son tended to the likkle store she maintained out in front of where she lived, found her place just be asking...It was just a hundred feet up from Tayons...same side .....10 bucks a night, she was in her late 80's, told stories of Robert Mitchem almost crawling home after a party...Steve McQueen also....who needed tv when you could listen to her...we sat on the porch for hours, very informal B&B haha......Here is a composite of her place,,,of course the store was open, her place was really nice, all painted up...The gate was locked at 10pm...if your late it will cost you 5 bucks! haha...Boy the stories about that gate...lolName:  dorthys home negril.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  154.2 KB
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning