Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Pirates Cave story in “Humans”

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Pirates Cave story in “Humans”

From new “Humans” book aka Humans on NY:

My dad is a Rasta man. He was born in the mountains. A real, real Rasta man...

He had a marijuana farm, so we only ate when people bought our weed. And we never ate meat. Whenever we caught fish in the sea, he’d make us throw them back. There were ten of us, so we never had a big education. But he taught us to love people. And to love God. And to be happy. Sometimes after school we’d all go swimming at a place called Pirates Cave. The land was owned by a man named Dread Lion, and he had lots of dogs. We could never walk across the property so we swam the whole way there. And if Dread Lion ever saw us, we had to quickly jump off the cliffs. That’s how I learned to dive. Now I dive for the tourists and they give me tips. I save the coins in a little pan, and pick at it when the seas are rough. I’d like to buy a little house one day. And maybe have a boat. And a nice woman to take care of me. But if I don’t get all the things I want, I won’t complain. I’m going to love God the same way. And treat people the same way. And be happy the same way.”

NEGRIL, JAMAICA

Photo of author of story:
    Humans https://www.amazon.com/dp/1250114292..._UGhIFbMMGXR67

Scroll down
    Last edited by Jah Bless; 10-15-2020 at 11:28 AM.
    Death does not concern us., because as long as we exist, death is not here. And once it does come, we no longer exist.
    - Epicurus