Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report - October 30 - November 8, 2020 AKA "The Election Trip"

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report - October 30 - November 8, 2020 AKA "The Election Trip"

UPDATE!!!!!

Received our negative test results at 702pm and went to the Visit Jamaica site at 715pm. Took about 8 minutes to file my Travel Authorization form, but as soon as I hit submit on mine at 723pm by the time the screen refreshed and sent me back to the travel authorization homepage, next to my name was the greatest message I've seen in a while. It read "you have been approved for travel to Jamaica, please download the form." I'm in!!! Melo stepped to the computer and completed her form and once again by the time she went back to the home screen after hitting submit, she had the same message. We downloaded the forms, printed them out and put them with our passports. In about 56 hours we will be on our way!!! Very easy and obviously very fast. We were never really worried about making it through the whole testing/authorization process, but anytime there are obstacles between us and our trip to Jamaica we are anxious. All good now.

User Info Menu

👏👏👏

User Info Menu

I'd be putting a copy of the forms with my passport....another copy in my carryon...another copy in my checked bags...and probably scan a copy to my email.....

Don't leave home without it...lol
    Johio

User Info Menu

No politics!

User Info Menu

have a good trip.

User Info Menu

1015pm and my alarm is set for 315am and yet here I am "wide awake in America" as they say. Why is it that the night before a trip, you know you should go to sleep because you have a long day of travel tomorrow, not to mention the Red Stripes and the rums, but you just can't do it. You are literally too excited to sleep. So I sit here watching reruns of Beat Bobby Flay on Food Network and telling myself I need to go to bed. Hopefully soon, next update from the airport in Louisville in about 7 hours. Sleep tight!!! (assuming you can, I can't)

M&M

User Info Menu

Hope you have a great flight!

User Info Menu

Somehow , even with little or no sleep, it’s always easy to wake up for vacation! Bon voyage ! Respect !

User Info Menu

We made it. Sorry for not updating sooner, but we have been having so much fun, plus I couldn't figure out my pictures until I had an epiphany in the middle of the night last night and a trip report with no pictures is not a trip report!!! Travel Friday was pretty easy and both flights (Louisville to Charlotte and Charlotte to Montego Bay) were both on time. Protocols all around were being adhered to and we didn't encounter any non-maskers. The only good thing that I have encountered in this whole covid situation is that since they don't want people congregating in the bars, they let you take your beer with you. Sipping on a well made IPA while waiting at the gate is nice!!!

Covid Beers

Name:  IMG_1140.jpeg
Views: 4018
Size:  2.59 MB

And drinking the beers while watching this sign countdown is great!!

Name:  sign.jpg
Views: 4236
Size:  403.7 KB

Touchdown right on time in Montego Bay and head to the immigration hall. We turn the corner and are confronted by this line

Name:  helthline.jpg
Views: 4001
Size:  642.5 KB

No worries though, the line was only here because they were only letting so many people into the immigration hall for the health screening at one time. From arrival at the gate to leaving the airport took right at 55 minutes, which we didn't think was too bad. Off for Negril...

On the way over we encountered what appeared to be a "covid killer" truck, if you can zoom in it has what appears to be some kind of fogger in the bed. Who knows what it was.

Name:  covidkiller.jpg
Views: 3996
Size:  561.8 KB

Stop at Chineymon in Green Island for money exchange and the purchasing of provisions (mainly beer and rum) and soon enough we arrive in Negril. Head up to Red Ground to the Red Dragon and then to see Collette and then back to the beach to go check in. Got to Rondel Village just in time for happy hour (damn the luck!!!) and this wonderful sunset.

Name:  beachsunset.jpg
Views: 4356
Size:  908.9 KB

Diner at Chicken Lavish (the soup and chicken were awesome!!!) and then off to bed. Great travel day and first few hours in Negril

User Info Menu

Great Report...... Keep them coming !!!!!!