Full day #1. Up early as I love to walk the beach early in the morning. 615AM leave Rondel and head south towards the all-inclusives. Very lonely walk. I had the beach pretty much to myself until I got up to Footprints. Walked past Couples and Beaches and they were pretty much empty, I saw the staff at Beaches setting up for breakfast and they maybe had 10 tables prepared. I don't know if that was the only place you could eat breakfast or not, but there didn't appear to be many people staying there. A lot less people than in July and I thought it was dead then.

As I approached the Public Beach Park, things started to get ugly!!!!

When Tropical Storm Zeta came south of the island a couple of weeks ago it really put the motion in the ocean (or is it the weeeeee in the sea??). If any of you are regular watchers of the Earthcam installed at Ricks you could see the craziness that went on there. As for the beach, the storm appears to have really brought a lot of debris (mostly seagrass) onto the beach. No one has cleared the Beach Park yet, so this is what remains, and if you think it is nasty to look at, you should give it a good whiff!!

Name:  Seaweed.JPG
Views: 4585
Size:  1,018.6 KB

And there are places where the beach is really small, this tree which is located where Barry's used to be just before you get to Couples is usually 10-15 yards on the beach, as you can see the tree is in the water.

Name:  tree.JPG
Views: 4783
Size:  741.8 KB

Back from the walk, then Breakfast at Rondel and we locate in our normal spot right under the almond tree, and waste the afternoon away. I did take a couple hours off to watch Liverpool defeat West Ham on the televsion at the bar (took a swim at halftime, but Delroy yelled for me when the second half started so I didn't miss anything, thanks Delroy!!!), nothing better than that a lot of my favorite things all occurring at the same time in such a great place!!

Name:  shade.jpg
Views: 4318
Size:  716.7 KB

The highlight of the day was the Halloween party at LTU. We've never been here at Halloween time, but as soon as we were invited to the party we jumped at the chance. $2500JMD, but they credited your bar/food bill for $2000JMD, so really just $500 to get in (as if we weren't going to eat/drink $2000JMD worth!!!). Good mix of people, a limited crowd of only 30 people, a DJ playing tunes on a sound-system that sounded terrible (if you go to a party in Jamaica and the sound is great, leave, it's not going to be a good party HA!!!), great rum punch, good food, and some very interesting costumes (we did not dress up, but we were wearing a mask!! if that counts). We compared the whole evening to the bar scene from Star Wars. Really good time and because of curfew it was over by 8ish and we were able to get back to Rondel before 9pm

Oh yeah, and a totally awesome sunset!!!!

Name:  ltusunet.jpg
Views: 4454
Size:  604.8 KB

Sitting at the Rondel bar having breakfast now, Tropical Storm Eta is supposed to give us some rain and clouds later today and tomorrow, so not sure what we will be getting into today. Probably not much of anything, just the way we like it.