Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamaica Cares Insurance Programme to be Launched in Two Weeks

User Info Menu

Re: Jamaica Cares Insurance Programme to be Launched in Two Weeks

Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    See my post above...Celinda.
    Thanks Lisa that explains a lot of questions.

User Info Menu

Thank you for the great updates.

User Info Menu

So will I not have to buy travel insurance in Canada if I have this mandatory insurance?

Administrator

User Info Menu

This coverage will supersede the other coverage, some may overlap. It is up to you...

Check with your local Canadian insurance outlets...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

From my reading of the announcements - which as far as I can see do not include the actual policy - it's entirely possible that the Jamaica Cares policy will cover health issues while in Jamaica but not the usual trip cancellation or delay coverage that regular trip insurance does provide. You'll need to read what the policies cover when they become available in order to make an informed decision.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    From my reading of the announcements - which as far as I can see do not include the actual policy - it's entirely possible that the Jamaica Cares policy will cover health issues while in Jamaica but not the usual trip cancellation or delay coverage that regular trip insurance does provide. You'll need to read what the policies cover when they become available in order to make an informed decision.
    Even with the policies I've purchased in previous years, not all cover trip cancellation/delays. You always had to pick the coverage you wanted, I would probably supplement the JA insurance to add coverages like trip cancellation.

User Info Menu

Applied and got our travel authorization today and there was no mention of tbe insurance.

User Info Menu

So November 9th will be the two week mark from the Jamaica Cares Insurance launch announcement. Any body heard anything more about how Jamaica is going to collect it?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    So November 9th will be the two week mark from the Jamaica Cares Insurance launch announcement. Any body heard anything more about how Jamaica is going to collect it?
    The JTB website states:

This page provides information and utilities to non-residents for the purpose of travel to Jamaica over the period November 1, 2020 to November 16, 2020

‐----------------

Don't expect to hear anything more for at least another week or so.... nothing will change before the 16th....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!